Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NVCycleWorx of Northern Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:17 PM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: NVCycleWorx of Northern Virginia

Mattman, I don't know anything about the other shop you go to, so I can't speak about them. I can tell you that NV has one of the best Harley Mechanics I have ever known. Please note I didn't say I "think" he is a good mechanic, there's a big difference. Joe use to own his own shop, is a master machinist and HD mechanic. Before he owned his shop he worked at Zippers. I've been my own wrench turner for many years. There are two mechanics I would trust with my bike, one is Garnett up in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the other is Joe.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:20 PM
db2753
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gunnert,
Does this Joe fella work at NVCycleWorx?

Old 02-11-2008, 06:00 PM
gunnert
Road Captain

Yes, he started there before Christmas. I have a call into him now. I'm finishing up a custom bagger. I'm having trouble getting the spacing right on the 200mm rear tire. I opted for the rear fender from Klockwerks that fits inside the frame rails, I should have gone with a fender that went OVER the rails. Other than that, the bike is finished. When I stroked the Road King, Joe did the bottom end work.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:11 PM
toolbox08
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd go to devil dawgs if i needed some tile cut. other than that,no way.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 PM
aclass
Road Captain

Yall making me nervous, I was bout to call DevilDawgs to see about getting the ugly RG tuned. need to get it done after installing cams.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:23 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: aclass

Yall making me nervous, I was bout to call DevilDawgs to see about getting the ugly RG tuned. need to get it done after installing cams.
I had DD tune my RG and have no complaints. In fact DD is the only place I bring my bikes to.

If "Toolbox08" doesn't like them then he needs to state why especially for someone with just 7 posts who just signed up this morning. So I looked at his first post...he posts that he isa harley tech that just moved here in November. I have no clue where he works but if he works for a competitor then of course he would say something negative.

As for cutting tile, Devil Dawgs has a water jet machine and make custom pieces whether it is for motorcycles like a custom shifter linkageor for acontractor needing specially designed and cut tile artfor the front lobby of a building.

I stated why I wouldn't go to NV. If they have someone with good qualifications now then that's good for them.

Devil Dawg also has the latest version of the Dynojet 250i dynamometer for tuning.

Go talk to both shops and decide for yourself.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:14 PM
gunnert
Road Captain

Mattman, ditto to your comments. I'd never say anything bad about a shop unless I had first hand knowledge. It appears there are a few hidden agendas in this chain.... Glad to hear DD has a Dyno. I'll have to give them a call to see if they are an S&S tuning center. Hope so, no one else around here is...