Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 FLHTCUI radio issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Allencito
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 FLHTCUI radio issue

During my recent road trip, the intercom portion on my factory radio ceased to work properly (listening to radio). I switched over to the factory mounted speakers and listened in this manner. My dealer diagnosed the problem to be within the radio. The problem with this, there is no longer anyone that will repair this era of radio (Radio Sound).
I am contemplating buying a Sena Bluetooth headset so I can converse with my wife and utilize my IPhone features while traveling, provided I cannot find a replacement radio.
I am open to any and all thoughts.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:08 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 323 Posts

Ebay for a used oem.
Or look for an 06-13 Harmon Karden radio and rewire the plugs to work. There are instructions somewhere on the net.
Or aftermarket if you don't care about the CB.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:27 PM
Allencito
Stage III

Originally Posted by ORradtech
Ebay for a used oem.
Or look for an 06-13 Harmon Karden radio and rewire the plugs to work. There are instructions somewhere on the net.
Or aftermarket if you don't care about the CB.

Thank you for responding. I’ve been watching E Bay, but with negative results. I would hate to throw good money towards bad. I really would like to keep the intercom system. Thanks again.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:34 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 323 Posts

We're it me I'd get one of the HK radios, they're fairly plentiful and with some rewiring to the new plug you keep all of the original functionality with the newer radio.
If I remember correctly you basically remove all the pins from the existing connector and reassemble them into the newer connector. The FSM has directions on disassembling the existing connector and I'm sure there's a pin out for the new connector online.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:30 AM
Allencito
Stage III

Originally Posted by ORradtech
We're it me I'd get one of the HK radios, they're fairly plentiful and with some rewiring to the new plug you keep all of the original functionality with the newer radio.
If I remember correctly you basically remove all the pins from the existing connector and reassemble them into the newer connector. The FSM has directions on disassembling the existing connector and I'm sure there's a pin out for the new connector online.
tha
I never thought of this, nor did my dealer suggest it. i'll research this possibility. Thanks, again.