Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talk with Jame @ Fuel Moto about PCIII

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 02:24 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Talk with Jame @ Fuel Moto about PCIII

I had a rather long talk with Jamie at Fuel Moto about various things, including the problems people have been complaining about (hesitiation, delayed start, decel popping), and he provided some interesting info I thought I would pass along.

Decel popping: He said this is usually caused by poor sealing at the muffler. Try using a high-temp sealer (e.g., high-temp copper) or anti-sieze compound and tighten the clamp down well. I used Permatex Anti-Sieze and am having no decel-popping issues.

Hesitation: Jamie said they have tuned hundreds of TC's, including recent models, and have yet to incur one case of hesitation. He wants to make this offer: If you bought a PCIII package from Fuel Moto and have a hesitation problem, he will do a free dyno tune if you'll bring the bike to his facility. He won't pay your expenses to and from his location, however, but the tune and diagnosis is free. He's had three people take him up on this offer and none of the three showed any hesitation at any time during the tuning process or on test rides before or after. He also said that a rep from DynoJet had personally inspected three bikes reportedly affected by the hestiation and none of them exhibited any problems when he was present. Don't yell at me, I'm just the messenger! Based on our talk, I believe Jamie when he says he hasn't seen it, is very interested, and wants to get the problem fixed. He said if he ever gets a bike at his facility with this problem, he will immediately contact DynoJet to do diagnostics while it is there.

Delayed start-up: Start the bike immediately after turning on the ignition rather than waiting for the "check engine" light to go off. This hurts nothing.

He said he regretted email delays, but that he gets hundreds every day and must go through each to determine if they are from customers. You must cite your Inv# with all emails. He said half the map requests are from people who bought their hardware elsewhere. The best way to get in touch with him is by phone.

Jamie is emailing me the newest PCIII firmware upgrade, which he said cleans up the code and could help with some of these problems. I might put this up my FTP site for everyone to download. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: As of today firmware v2.2.0 is available on their site: www.fuelmotousa.com/faq

Old 06-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Talk with Jame @ Fuel Moto about PCIII

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...downloads.aspx

Is the new firmware download on Power Commanders site? 2.1.2 ?

I'm going to be taking my bike up to Jamie to do a dyno soon.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:03 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the PCIII with Rinehart True Duals on my Road King along with the Big Sucker stage 1. I just bought my PCIII about two weeks ago. Do I need the update? I'm assuming the version is available through my laptop..... Thanks for any help.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:16 PM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have the "Older" PCIII and having any problems..

Let these guys know about it..they have had 1 update so far and may need to have another.

Contact Information

Dynojet Research, Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Drive
North Las Vegas, NV 89081

Address:

[hr]

Phone:
702-399-1423

Toll Free:

800-992-4993[/align]

Old 06-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Gunkholes
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently added the PC-3 package I got from Jamie; I had seen earlier posts about this issue. I recently forgot & let the fuel light go out before cranking -- same problem. Cycling the kill switch off-on and starting immediately was successful. Just a minor nuisance.

ORIGINAL: iclick

Delayed start-up: Start the bike immediately after turning on the ignition rather than waiting for the "check engine" light to go off. This hurts nothing.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:44 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I havent let that light go out before starting ever since installing the PCIII, starts perfect every time. I sure would like to get rid of that fraction of a hundreth of a second flat spot tho. I still think it has something to do with fuel below 1000 rpm at 0% to 2% throttle. I just havent had time to mess with it. It never does it when its cold which would make sense because its squirting more fuel then.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:46 PM
MntCruiser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I originally had both the delayed start-up and hesitation issue. I have since started the bike prior to the check engine light going out, and it fires right up now. On the hesitation I played with every setting I could and still had the problem. Once I enabled the accelrator pump option, the hesitation went away.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:57 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MntCruiser

I originally had both the delayed start-up and hesitation issue. I have since started the bike prior to the check engine light going out, and it fires right up now. On the hesitation I played with every setting I could and still had the problem. Once I enabled the accelrator pump option, the hesitation went away.
I'm going to try that too.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great post! I April Jamie sent me a new PCIII immediately when I called him during initial install with symtoms. He's serious about Dynojet and keeping US happy. I'd be interested in the firmware upgrade also and willing to provide you the invoice number if you want it.

Arvid

Old 06-28-2007, 06:58 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Akitakoi

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...downloads.aspx

Is the new firmware download on Power Commanders site? 2.1.2 ?

I'm going to be taking my bike up to Jamie to do a dyno soon.
The latest is 2.2.0, which as of today is on the Fuel Moto site (www.fuelmotousa.com/faq)

Quick Reply: Talk with Jame @ Fuel Moto about PCIII