Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After market seats for Electra Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 08:43 AM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by rponycar
Thanks all. Seems like a lot of Corbin fans here. I'm curious though, how is it I can bounce around on my lawn tractor for 3 hours and feel fine, but 45 minutes on my bike and I need to go to the hospital. Maybe the Harley seat guys should spend a little time with the John Deere seat guys?
Yes, I've already thought about it. But that yellow seat just wouldn't look right on my bike...
Much wider, Backrest and springs. Sounds like you’d be happiest on a H-D Police seat.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:18 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

I have tried just about everything...

These are what I can remember and have sold here...

2012 RKC
Mustang Wide - ok but I keep thinking that it was too soft. Worked great for an hour or so but then my *** was asleep and pain set in.
C&C Wide Solo W/Backrest - I remember it being to hard.

2015 RGS
Hammock (52000176)
Le Pera Outcast Daddy Long Legs - another one I thought was too hard
Danny Gray BigIST Solo Air-2 - I REALLY liked this one, just needed a 2-up. I may try the 2 up version next or I'm going with the day-long.
New Model Police seat and backrest - I sit too high up for this and it just didn't look good on the RGS
Mustang Vintage Super Solo Seat with Driver Backrest - I went 2-up, this was ok but not as good as the BigIST. I think I feel the Mustang seats are too soft (that just be how I justify them in my head, honestly don't remeber)
2015 RGS seat - Mean Cities Mod - probably should have given it more than 500 miles but I was back on another Hammock for 2-up
Saddlemen Dominator Solo - this was some good stuff, I did a straight run to Corpus and back on it, My only issue was it sat me too close to the tank. I'm pretty sure I only went 100 or so miles in between stops (I was solo and traveling at night).
Hammock (52000003A) I like the older version better

2017 RGU
Harley Hammock (52000176) yup another Hammock
Road Zeppelin - I did a lot of miles on in a long weekend (about 1800) but we stopped >100 (wife's first long trip).

2017 RKS
Saddlemen Dominator Solo, Backrest, and Pillion - I liked the seat other than the close to the tank but the wife HATED it.
Saddlemen Roadsofa LS Extended w/backrest - thought if I liked the Dominator I'd like the Roadsoafa and I did! Still wasn't 100% but damn close
Police Seat P52000050 - another try with the Police Seat but just sits me too high
Heated Saddlemen Roadsofa LS - again with a Roadsofa but not the extended version but added heat (wife wanted heat :/) I just wasn't convinced it was my perfect seat.
Harley Hammock (52000176) FFS Hammock number 4!!!
Corbin Dual Tour - my last chance before I just bite the bullet and get the Russell Day-Long.

Yup, rediculous search. I just want a seat I can go tank to tank on. The Hammock is the one I've put the most miles on for sure. Just did 2K in June but tank to tank happened once and it wasn't a true tank to tank (about 190 miles).

The Saddlemen (Roadsofa and Dominator) I could go 100-150 and be ok. 150 was pushing it though.

Police seat I felt I could go pretty far (granted was just a 100 test loop on that).

And so it continues...

Old 08-15-2018, 09:22 AM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,292 Likes on 850 Posts

Thanks all. Seems like a lot of Corbin fans here. I'm curious though, how is it I can bounce around on my lawn tractor for 3 hours and feel fine, but 45 minutes on my bike and I need to go to the hospital. Maybe the Harley seat guys should spend a little time with the John Deere seat guys?
Yes, I've already thought about it. But that yellow seat just wouldn't look right on my bike...
LOL....thats it right there.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:24 AM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,292 Likes on 850 Posts

Originally Posted by Bunker
I have tried just about everything...

These are what I can remember and have sold here...

2012 RKC
Mustang Wide - ok but I keep thinking that it was too soft. Worked great for an hour or so but then my *** was asleep and pain set in.
C&C Wide Solo W/Backrest - I remember it being to hard.

2015 RGS
Hammock (52000176)
Le Pera Outcast Daddy Long Legs - another one I thought was too hard
Danny Gray BigIST Solo Air-2 - I REALLY liked this one, just needed a 2-up. I may try the 2 up version next or I'm going with the day-long.
New Model Police seat and backrest - I sit too high up for this and it just didn't look good on the RGS
Mustang Vintage Super Solo Seat with Driver Backrest - I went 2-up, this was ok but not as good as the BigIST. I think I feel the Mustang seats are too soft (that just be how I justify them in my head, honestly don't remeber)
2015 RGS seat - Mean Cities Mod - probably should have given it more than 500 miles but I was back on another Hammock for 2-up
Saddlemen Dominator Solo - this was some good stuff, I did a straight run to Corpus and back on it, My only issue was it sat me too close to the tank. I'm pretty sure I only went 100 or so miles in between stops (I was solo and traveling at night).
Hammock (52000003A) I like the older version better

2017 RGU
Harley Hammock (52000176) yup another Hammock
Road Zeppelin - I did a lot of miles on in a long weekend (about 1800) but we stopped >100 (wife's first long trip).

2017 RKS
Saddlemen Dominator Solo, Backrest, and Pillion - I liked the seat other than the close to the tank but the wife HATED it.
Saddlemen Roadsofa LS Extended w/backrest - thought if I liked the Dominator I'd like the Roadsoafa and I did! Still wasn't 100% but damn close
Police Seat P52000050 - another try with the Police Seat but just sits me too high
Heated Saddlemen Roadsofa LS - again with a Roadsofa but not the extended version but added heat (wife wanted heat :/) I just wasn't convinced it was my perfect seat.
Harley Hammock (52000176) FFS Hammock number 4!!!
Corbin Dual Tour - my last chance before I just bite the bullet and get the Russell Day-Long.

Yup, rediculous search. I just want a seat I can go tank to tank on. The Hammock is the one I've put the most miles on for sure. Just did 2K in June but tank to tank happened once and it wasn't a true tank to tank (about 190 miles).

The Saddlemen (Roadsofa and Dominator) I could go 100-150 and be ok. 150 was pushing it though.

Police seat I felt I could go pretty far (granted was just a 100 test loop on that).

And so it continues...
Holy cow....do you still own all them seats?

I feel ya on 'almost perfect', very frustrating. You read one guy likes brand "X" so you try it and it sucks....then on to brand "Y" and so on. Frustrating. Has to be a better way.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:29 AM
FlyingSkeet
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Russell Day Long seats. just completed a IBA Saddle sore and bun burner 15.5 hrs 1100 mi could have gone hrs more didn’t even get off the bike to Fuel at some stops, others just to refill my water bottles and go again.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:43 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,289 Likes on 4,450 Posts

All kidding aside, maybe you have stumbled onto something....

People seem to think Corbin is the best, or it's too hard... it is by all accounts a firm seat....

Imagine if your hard, firm tractor seat was mounted directly on the frame or with very little suspension...... most of them tend to be well sprung, almost bouncy....

Some of the people who responded they love their Corbin, I happen to know from other threads, have superior rear shocks on their bikes...

I wonder if the combo of a firm seat, with a really good suspension (unlike OEM), has something to do with it.....?

Just thinking out loud....

Old 08-16-2018, 11:04 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

LePera Sorrento. Sits very low, has plenty of width for the passenger and is very comfortable, even on long rides. I wanted something low and comfortable and the Sorrento was perfect. I have used LePera as my go to aftermarket seat. Nothing from H-D is worth a crap, except the price.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:43 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,868 Likes on 2,430 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by hattitude
Some of the people who responded they love their Corbin, I happen to know from other threads, have superior rear shocks on their bikes...

I wonder if the combo of a firm seat, with a really good suspension (unlike OEM), has something to do with it.....?

Just thinking out loud....
Interesting point. I currently have Ohlins suspension front and rear and there is no denying they are a major contributor to comfort. However we have had our Corbin for many years and ridden with stock plus another aftermarket brand, before progressing to the Corbin. Definitely comfy in all cases!

Old 08-17-2018, 07:33 AM
hypecat
Tourer
Received 137 Likes on 43 Posts

Here is the deal with a Corbin seat; they are firm there is no doubt about it. The problem with most seats is that they are too soft and when you hit bumps in the road, your butt compresses the foam completely and then your butt hits the hard plastic pan underneath. Basically the seat bottoms out. With a Corbin, you don't bottom out, the foam in much more firm. When I had my 2017 Road Glide I bought a Corbin seat and I was simply amazed, it felt like the bike had an inch more travel in the rear. I have owned two Corbin seats now, a Dual Tour and a Classic Solo, I cannot say enough about there comfort.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:28 PM
Craigny
Road Master
Received 383 Likes on 232 Posts

I just switched to the hightail fastback seat from Mustang. I LOVE it! It put me slightly lower and further back but i'm only 5'6" and still had no problem reaching everything as i did before. Its the one in my sig pic. I've had Mustangs before. Great USA made quality and the prices are not other worldly.