Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fp3

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 03:52 PM
beakerss
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fp3

I just ordered a fuel pack 3, a high foo intake and Rinehart extreme true duals. Was this a good choice as I am second guessing myself on the fuel manager as can’t find anywhere where Rinehart is supported by Vance and Hines thank you for assistance.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:01 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

you probably can return it before opening it....I had a FP3 an it was easy to use an the bike ran well with it but I had an all V&H exhaust system on the bike. if you think you may want a pro dyno tune you might want to get another tuner since few use the FP3....if you're not worried about squeezing every last hp out of the bike an just want a good running bike the FP3 should be fine just use a V&H slip on that is of similar size/style...it's easy to go back an change it so you can try a few until you get it running the way you like.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:31 PM
swifty
Road Captain
Received 111 Likes on 55 Posts

You can email V&H they will tell you which down load to use.... swifty

Old 08-06-2018, 04:37 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 595 Likes on 313 Posts

Yes, the FP3 is ok for the DIY kind of guy. V&H will give you a calibration file they think is right for your bike then you just autotune it a bit. Great for stage I and most stage II, not so great for stage III and IV.

You can also select a similar design from the database they= FP3 will offer you. Probably the V&H power duals are similar.

I like the FP3 because I can monitor the sensor data on my smart phone, and I adjusted my spedo to be on the money. I just used the auto tune and am very happy with the results.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:13 PM
soulpatch
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Call them, the customer service is amazing. Or got to their website and send a tech report with all of the specifics and they will either call or email pretty quickly to give you the best options. The FP3 is a really good tuner if you take the time to actually use it as it was meant. Use the practice mode, play (read) all the settings, controls, etc. I've heard so many guys (on here and off) complain about it, but they don't know anything about it. The ONLY issue I've had with it, is that once it's married to your VIN, it's always attached. So there's no option of removing it down the road and putting it on another bike or reselling it. Hoping that if enough guys write them letters about A) coming out with an actual manual B) changing it so we can remove/sell or whatever we want to do with it since it is our property.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:06 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

also if you buy from Fuel Moto they give you map support too...they may have your combo in their data base already.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:16 PM
Rockitdude
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I recently added the FP3, RC Components 4.5" pipes, and a Ness Big Sucker Stage I air cleaner....very pleased with the setup. I'm not one of those looking to tweak every last HP out of the bike, but rather someone who wants better than stock performance and a bike that runs smooth and with some gitty-up. Like others have said, my specific setup was not in the V&H map database, but I emailed them and within a couple of hours they sent back which map to use along with instructions on how to Autotune that map if I wasn't 100% pleased. The bike ran much better, but I went ahead and ran Autotune for about 150 miles of varying riding conditions and it runs even better.

Again, I do recommend the FP3...super easy to use and I really like the realtime diagnostics and sensor data that can be viewed while riding. I recently added Love Jugs to my bike, and over the weekend I could monitor the engine temp while riding to see just how effective the Jugs were.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:43 PM
Old Iron Man
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

I have Rinehart Slimline Duals and the HD heavy breather ac, with the FP3. All dealer installed on a brand new 18 SGS. Dealer service dept found a map they like to use on th FP3 with this combination. It was running a little rich in the beginning, and set off my O2 sensor. I just uploaded my map to V&H and called them. You can do everything directly from within the app. A real nice customer service guy heard my story, looked at the map, made a few adjustments, & sent me back a new map. I flashed the new map, and it runs perfect and strong. Couldn’t be happier with V&H.