Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air cleaners for Ultras

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 10:22 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,716 Likes on 1,991 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyB
Cool looking cover Randy.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the SE heavy breather because I dig that style. It ended up being cheaper than some of the aftermarket round styles after shopping around online.
Good deal! Get her tuned up, and enjoy it!!

Old 07-31-2018, 12:23 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
Ditto...

I run the SE washable filter, behind a football cover. I have that set-up on 3 twin cams: a Stage I, Stage II, & Stage III... no tuning/airflow issues...

I actually like the way the football cover looks, but I admit I put the Screamin' Eagle trim ring on them for a little color.... They hide most of the external breather lines on all 3 of my bikes, and the ugly throttle-by-wire plug on my newest bike...
I had the Screamin' Eagle trim ring on the football cover of my previous bike too but I can't find it anymore. Now, the only one I can find is Black with orange letters and I don't care for it. The one I had was black with white letters and it looked much better IMO.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:23 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,172 Likes on 4,386 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I had the Screamin' Eagle trim ring on the football cover of my previous bike too but I can't find it anymore. Now, the only one I can find is Black with orange letters and I don't care for it. The one I had was black with white letters and it looked much better IMO.

Roger that... I preferred the blk/wht SE Trim ring, but I could only get the Orange/blk SE Trim Ring...

The organge/blk has grown on me....

Last edited by hattitude; 08-01-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:01 PM
wolverinehusky
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,620 Likes on 2,384 Posts

Just ordered the SE Heavy Breather.

The following users liked this post:
RoyB (08-02-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 06:01 PM
wolverinehusky
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,620 Likes on 2,384 Posts

repeat post

Old 08-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 641 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I got one you can have gratis. ..just PM me your shipping address and I'll get it going Friday

The following users liked this post:
frenchbiker (08-17-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 07:14 AM
RoyB
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Got the SE on yesterday. Only down side is that I had to remove my lower pouch on the right side. It barely hits it, but hit's it none the less. I don't really keep anything in the right pouch so it's not a deal breaker yet. It's a quality piece and feels very OEM compared to some aftermarket stuff I have seen in the past.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,723 Likes on 842 Posts

Been running this Kury Velociraptor on my last 2 Ultras and now my RK,, But just bought a SE Chisel to match my wheels. So this one is for sale if anyone wants it.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:50 AM
RoyB
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

So I put about 200 miles on last weekend. Did autotune a couple times and it has helped quite a bit on the power delivery and popping. I will say that I am unimpressed with the power and gearing on this big bike overall though. My '10 Fatboy has the same setup and will run circles around this thing. With the 107 having 10% more torque than the 96, I assume the extra couple hundred lbs from being a bagger wouldn't be as noticeable. It is to me though. Thinking might have to step into cams or something sooner than later.

Also, did they change the gearing? I feel gears 2-5 are essentially the same. Riding in 5th @ 50 mph is turning roughly 2500 (from memory). I sit in 6th most of the time so it doesn't seem like I am revving the hell out of the engine.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:12 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

On my 14 FLHTK, I'm just running a Stage 1 with the stock cover. My 04 RK has the S&S single bore tuned induction kit. Wish it would fit on my FLHTK.

Quick Reply: Air cleaners for Ultras