Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT or Other??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:50 PM
tes151
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT or Other??

Got an 07 Street Glide that I'm planning on putting 3 1/2 inch Python slip-ons ans a Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 A/C on it. The dealer told me that the SERT was the best way to go because there have been problems with the Power Commander on the 07's. Is SERT the best way to go, or is the dealer just trying to sell more MOCO stuff?

Old 06-26-2007, 11:59 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SERT or Other??

I thought it was, thats what I am running. A bunch of guys here are talking, and some are running Thundermax with Auto tune. It seems like it might be a nice choice as well.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:06 AM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

THUNDERMAX or DTT do it once.....no more dyno tunes

Old 06-27-2007, 03:01 AM
blackfinbob
Road Master

I'm not sure if you are in an area with more than one dealer, but you may want to check with them regarding tuning. I have recently been to two dealers(mine included) that will only tune sert's, not pcIII's. Just something to think about.
b

Old 06-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Road Glider
Tourer

What about warranty issues?...Aren't you replacing the ECM? I'm thinking about this but still have a year left on my 07 warranty....

Old 06-27-2007, 07:54 AM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior

I debated the DTT or thundermax and while I love the features of both, I would have to say it would void your warranty (I asked my dealer and they agreed). I went with the SERT and I am happy with it. I loaded the map for my bike and it seems to be running perfectly. I will however put it on a dyno just to make sure the AFRs are right.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:23 AM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having the stage II 103 kit with the 4" HD touring slip-ons put in monday (brand new FLHX) the guy that built my 108hp 95 indicated SERT was a wise choice and he's not a total HD fanatic. They were dead set against building it without SERT. He has done a few similar builds with SERT and gotten about 98hp/110 lbs ft .. OK for now with EPA cams and no headwork.

Thundermax has a good rep, if you don't have warranty concerns go for it

Old 06-27-2007, 11:21 AM
redneckremi
Cruiser

I battled back and forth with this and went SERT. Probably cause I was in the stealer setting up my 1k check and the parts guy cut a nice deal on the SERT. I got a SERT and dyno for $500.00 and love the "new" bike.Pulls my fat a$$ through the gears like it islate for dinner. I love it.Warrenty was a concern but not a deciding factor. Cut me a deal and I went for it. HAGO! Remi

Old 06-27-2007, 11:49 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thundermax Auto Tune is the way to go in my opinion. Did alot of reading on it and the DTT. If you go with a SERT you will have to pay for a dyno tune anytime you change engine components. At around $300 a pop for a dyno session,it won't take long for you to be able to justify the cost of the TMAT. Pluse the auto tune is always keeping you at a perfect tune, where a static tune will start degrading as components (spark plugs, air filter) and enviromentchange with time. Just my 2 cents, add a buck and you can get a cup of coffee in most places.

If you decide to go that route contact Shooter64, great price and good people to deal with.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Spartan
Road Captain

Go with the Thundermax. If you need to take it in for warranty work, put the HD ECM back in, then swap it back out when you get home.

Quick Reply: SERT or Other??