Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Mr D
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Mustang Seats

Any feed back avaliable on Mustang Seats, vs H D Sundowner for 2005 FLHTCSE2, looking for a good touring seat, any suggestions?? How about gel packs in stock seat , any comments there??
Thanks, it's GREAT to have this forum for advice,,

Old 06-26-2007, 11:41 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mustang Seats

I have a Mustang solo seat, I love it. My buddy has a sundowner solo, and he likes it as well. The Mustang Solo does not change your riding postion, but the Sundowner moved him forward about 1" and was a little narrower in the front which allows your legs to be closer to the bike so that you can get flat footed if you have shorter legs.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

Get the Mustang you will never regret it.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:23 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had both. To me the Mustang Solo is the more comfortable seat.

Hack

Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have mustangs on both of my bikes if that tells ya what I think about them. I tried a sundowner and didn't really care for it.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had SUNDOWNER's on my last 3 PUTTS... Never a problem - Done a few Iron Butts with them.... But seats are like pipes - NOT ONE IS RIGHT FOR EVERYONE!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 12:47 AM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Iput a Mustang Regal on my FXRS after trying several different seats. The Mustang is miles ahead of any other seat. My wife liked it so much I bought her one for her 1100 Yamaha Virago and I just ordered one for my2007 FLHTC. 12 hours in the saddle with a Mustang is just as comfortable as a 10-minute ride to the store.

Here's the one I just ordered for my Electraglide, the one-piece Regal Ultra Touring:

http://www.mustangseats.com/roadglide/roadglide.shtml#a

Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

I would say no to gell packs, I've been told that in the summer they get HOT and thatdoesn't soundgood. Check out Corbin seats too, they are made of leather...leather breathes, vinyl doesn't. Mustang seats are comfortable (I have oneand it sits on the shelf) but not as comfortable as a Corbin in my opinion. Good luck choosing what is best for you.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:58 AM
kdclaiborne
Intermediate

Have 2007 SG and haveSundowner, stock SGand Mustang 79100 Solo with Driver Backrest. You'll find on this forum top 2 seats are Sundowner and Mustang (either 2 up and/or solo). Just rode aboutr 820 miles last weekend with Sundowner and rider backrest, very comfy. Had Mustang on 2002 Low RIder and loved it. Just put Mustang Solo on yesterday and haven't ridden it yet, but know it will be good. You can't make a mistake with either Sundowner or Mustang. One thing I like about Mustang Solo with driver backrest is that a) you can go solo with no backrest, b) solo with backrest or c) add passenger pillion (about$165-170 on eBay) and you have all options. Best deal on Sundowner is either www.zanottimotor.com(legit Harley dealer in PA) or Chillicothe, Ohio dealer (00cycles on eBay), about $230+few bucks shipping vs. $299+local tax at local dealer. I got my Mustang oncraigslist.com (seattle) from a guy who bought a 2006 SG and din'twant the Solo seat for about 50% retail. Check out eBay (American Classic Motors?) for best prices on new Mustang seats.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:02 AM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My opinion: Corbins aren't even in the same league as Mustangs.

Quick Reply: Mustang Seats