Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a deal- 2017 street glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018 | 11:13 PM
thisharley
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by rjacobs
600 off MSRP on a year(almost 2) old bike is a joke... Then the absolute RAPE job on all the fees. Taxes is one thing, nobody can get out of that, but the rest is a rape job.

6000 off MSRP would be an ok starting place...
6k off of msrp would be nice!

Old 07-11-2018 | 11:13 PM
thisharley
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by HD_fan
Is this at Lanesplitter? That amount of "dealer set up fees" give or take a few hundred are what people in Ca are paying in average...just saying. If this is at Lanesplitter I would look somewhere else.
no it’s not lanesplitter

Old 07-11-2018 | 11:14 PM
Old Iron Man
Tourer

Originally Posted by thisharley
hello, I’ve been following this site for a while now and finally joined.

im trading in my 2017 sportster with 2kmiles

looking to get a 2017 street glide brand new with 30miles

the dealer want to clear inventory and is giving it for 23,500 plus another $3800 in fees.
im putting 5k down. They will payoff my bike at $9600.
My monthly is at $360.00

i still think the monthly is high along with price of the bike.

Any thoughts? Run and hide? Lol
RUN AWAY, fast! Ripoff, big league. You didn’t say if it was a special or not, if it is, it only a moderate reaming, but if a reg Street Glide, bring some KY.
I just traded a 17 Iron that I paid $8,300 for, (plus a shitload of mods), on a new ‘18 Street Glide Special. It has all the bells and whistles, and I loaded on $6k worth of mods with parts and accessories. Got $3K off the bike, 15% off the parts, and reduced labor rate, and a true $8k for my bike. I checked the numbers six ways to Sunday. The trade was the most I would ever be able to squeeze out of a ‘17 Iron with a 1200 kit stage one, and the discount was a “real” discount, not buried into the deal. Eaglemark rate was 3.99, but could be better if I was quicker on the draw, or waited until Nov. they just had a 1.9 promotion, but it will come back. It always does. Right now, 3.99 is top tier. If they don’t give you that, and you really want to buy, go to a local credit union. It’s worth your time and effort.
You should really shop around. This is not a good deal.

Old 07-11-2018 | 11:37 PM
thisharley
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Old Iron Man

RUN AWAY, fast! Ripoff, big league. You didn’t say if it was a special or not, if it is, it only a moderate reaming, but if a reg Street Glide, bring some KY.
I just traded a 17 Iron that I paid $8,300 for, (plus a shitload of mods), on a new ‘18 Street Glide Special. It has all the bells and whistles, and I loaded on $6k worth of mods with parts and accessories. Got $3K off the bike, 15% off the parts, and reduced labor rate, and a true $8k for my bike. I checked the numbers six ways to Sunday. The trade was the most I would ever be able to squeeze out of a ‘17 Iron with a 1200 kit stage one, and the discount was a “real” discount, not buried into the deal. Eaglemark rate was 3.99, but could be better if I was quicker on the draw, or waited until Nov. they just had a 1.9 promotion, but it will come back. It always does. Right now, 3.99 is top tier. If they don’t give you that, and you really want to buy, go to a local credit union. It’s worth your time and effort.
You should really shop around. This is not a good deal.
congrats on your bike. I saw your post earlier with your new bike. Thank you for your input buddy

Old 07-12-2018 | 05:05 AM
Kermie
Outstanding HDF Member

If it were me, I would hold on to the Sportster long enough to pay it down. The right deal is out there for you, but throwing in the price of the Sportster (I doubt they are paying off the Sportster with no effect to the price of your new bike) they are trying to get their cake and eat it to. Be patient, it will pay off in the end

With that, I would be looking at slightly used. There are tons of Garage Queens out there. Don't take the financial hit that folks do when they buy a new bike.

Old 07-12-2018 | 05:27 AM
thisharley
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Kermie
If it were me, I would hold on to the Sportster long enough to pay it down. The right deal is out there for you, but throwing in the price of the Sportster (I doubt they are paying off the Sportster with no effect to the price of your new bike) they are trying to get their cake and eat it to. Be patient, it will pay off in the end

With that, I would be looking at slightly used. There are tons of Garage Queens out there. Don't take the financial hit that folks do when they buy a new bike.
when you say pay it down, to what extent. Say I owe $9k still how much would I have to go down? Honestly, I can pay off the sportster but I’d rather use that money towards my RKS. If I took out the sportster out of the equation, it probably wouldn’t be as complicated but then I’ll have 2 payments...screw that!
But I see what you are saying. Thank you for your input

Old 07-12-2018 | 05:47 AM
Kermie
Outstanding HDF Member

Part of the problem as I see it, is they are not going to take a 9k hit on a deal, so by them paying it off, the price of your new bike will remain high. By paying down, I would get it down below 4k before working out a deal. Actually, I would pay it off, which is usually what I do. But I can understand wanting something new now. It's up to you of course

Old 07-12-2018 | 05:50 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member

It's a bad deal on the financing alone, not to mention the too-high price tag to begin with.

With a $360 a month payment, you're looking at a 7 year loan (84 months) @ 8.95% to finance $22,329.

That means you'll be paying $7758 in interest over the life of the loan, or an average of $92 of interest per month.

This is where Dealerships make a killing...

Old 07-12-2018 | 08:56 AM
b1gj0n44
Cruiser

How is the used bike market where you are at?? Try selling your bike outright and taking the trade out of the equation. That will really simplify things. Wont have to worry about them hiding negative trade value in the price of the new bike.

Old 07-12-2018 | 12:10 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member

Why in heavens name would anyone pay close to $30,000 for a new bike when you can buy a low mileage used Harley for less than half that? $30,000 motorcycles are WHY Harley is not selling new bikes, imho. I'm glad my 2007 Street Glide is paid off and just the way I want it. New bike at those prices??......no thank you, I've got better sense than that. I come from the age group where you saved up, bought your Harley, and then rode it many years, rebuilt it, and rode it more years....on and on. Guys didn't buy a bike every two or three years. You didn't need to, your bike was perfectly fine, and you bonded with it. Times sure have changed.

.....and to the OP....NO....that is not a good deal.

Last edited by hd4evr2008; 07-12-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Is this a deal- 2017 street glide