Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a deal- 2017 street glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018 | 03:28 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior

Is this at Lanesplitter? That amount of "dealer set up fees" give or take a few hundred are what people in Ca are paying in average...just saying. If this is at Lanesplitter I would look somewhere else.

Old 07-11-2018 | 03:46 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member

Nope! I wouldn't do it.

Old 07-11-2018 | 03:56 PM
thisharley
|
6th Gear

Thank you so much guys. I knew off hand he wasn’t doing me a favor. But it’s ok, I’m not in a hurry. I still have my sportster.

Like I said, I’d rather go for a RKS, I’ll ask this forum again if I’m gettimg a good deal.

CA really sucks with these fees!

Old 07-11-2018 | 04:15 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member

You would be way up side down on this bike if you went for this deal. In other words,you would owe way more than the bike is worth by thousands.

Old 07-11-2018 | 04:31 PM
thisharley
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by GTK
You would be way up side down on this bike if you went for this deal. In other words,you would owe way more than the bike is worth by thousands.
understood

Old 07-11-2018 | 04:40 PM
Iron25
Road Captain

if you really want a road king, wait till you find the right bike and deal. He was trying to sell you a bike you don't really want

Old 07-11-2018 | 05:57 PM
thisharley
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Iron25
if you really want a road king, wait till you find the right bike and deal. He was trying to sell you a bike you don't really want
Understood

Old 07-11-2018 | 08:14 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member

I understand wanting to upgrade, but trading in a “new” bike for another new one will take you over the coals. Try not to roll over any negative equity. And try to finance for as little time as possible. If you’re stretching out a loan to be able to better afford the payment then you probably shouldn’t be thinking about buying.

When you are ready to buy (again), be sure to negotiate both the sale price and the trade in value. The dealer/salesperson is not your friend. They are there to make as much off of you as possible.

The following users liked this post:
up-yours (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018 | 10:46 PM
rjacobs
Tourer

600 off MSRP on a year(almost 2) old bike is a joke... Then the absolute RAPE job on all the fees. Taxes is one thing, nobody can get out of that, but the rest is a rape job.

6000 off MSRP would be an ok starting place...

Old 07-11-2018 | 11:11 PM
thisharley
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by purpledeuce
I understand wanting to upgrade, but trading in a “new” bike for another new one will take you over the coals. Try not to roll over any negative equity. And try to finance for as little time as possible. If you’re stretching out a loan to be able to better afford the payment then you probably shouldn’t be thinking about buying.

When you are ready to buy (again), be sure to negotiate both the sale price and the trade in value. The dealer/salesperson is not your friend. They are there to make as much off of you as possible.
Thank you for your input. That is my goal to not roll over any negative equity. I know it looks good on paper when they say they are paying off my bike. But the numbers still don’t add up because of the fees and the price of the bike Jumping from a sportster to a touring is a huge jump. So I am expectimg to pay a little higher monthly.
Again, no rush on my side, I was bored and wanted to look at RKS but they didn’t have it, so I shot the **** with the manager on the SGS. Didn’t run my credit or anything.

Thank you again

Quick Reply: Is this a deal- 2017 street glide