Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help... CORBIN Widowmaker? VS Gambler?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 09:27 AM
Weeble1
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Help... CORBIN Widowmaker? VS Gambler?

Long time Forum Member with hundreds of posts but lost ability to get into old email on new phone so had to make new account with new email...

09 Streetglide, looking for another Corbin. Ive had 7 or 8 seats for this bike over the years trying them out and always go back to Corbin because i perfer firm seats. Currently running Dual Tour so the ol lady is happy but cant stand the rider section because of how wide it is. Makes it a pain to flat foot and not sleek looking. Had a gambler on a different bike and loved rider portion but only had "temps" on back before ol lady so that wasnt a factor. Looking at both gambler model and widowmaker model and cant decide which to pull the trigger on. Wanted to find one used but none posted in classifieds so probably going to have to order new.

The question is... anyone ran both and know if one is slighly better for the passenger? Big difference in feel of rider portion on trips? Also there are very limited pictures from googling or corbin site... post you bike if you have either to help get an idea of difference in looks. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Weeble1; 07-04-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:30 PM
razorback84
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't had any experience with either of those seats which is my disclaimer, but what I do have is the Corbin Classic Solo on my RGS. I'm short (5'8") so I had them do a "nose job" on my seat, which is where they shave some width off the nose section of the seat, and I'm flat footed at stoplights etc... For my wife I have the matching touring passenger pillion and she loves it compared to the stock seat.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:47 PM
BudTheGrey
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Weeble1
Currently running Dual Tour so the ol lady is happy but cant stand the rider section because of how wide it is. Makes it a pain to flat foot and not sleek looking.
I have a dual tour on my '16 Ultra Limited. Over the winter I sent it back to Corbin for a "nose job"; basically narrows the front part of the driver section a bit. Made a big difference for my inseam-challenged self with regard to putting my feet on the ground better, parking lot maneuvering, etc. The seat should have come with one free re-work from Corbin, though you have to pay shipping to the factory.