Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going from forward to mid controls.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018 | 12:48 PM
RagmanZL
|
Tourer
Default Going from forward to mid controls.

Still debating about the limited....

I used to ride japanese 4cyl bikes all with Mid controls. I was used to it and it was fine.
When I bought my last motorcycle 12 years ago it had forward controls. It was an easy switch.

I test rode the Limited I am thinking to buy and it had mid controls with the "rocker" shift lever.
I spent more time fiddling with the way my foot would shift and it was really distracting from the enjoyment.
Come to think of it, it may be the thing that strayed me away from it the most,

Any advice from you guys on dealing with this? I would really like to own this bike.

Old 06-27-2018 | 12:51 PM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member

There is a couple of companies making fwd controls like Accutronix , for about a grand. But a lot of guys just remove the rear shifter and just use the toe.

Old 06-27-2018 | 01:24 PM
Cogswell
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RagmanZL
Still debating about the limited....

I used to ride japanese 4cyl bikes all with Mid controls. I was used to it and it was fine.
When I bought my last motorcycle 12 years ago it had forward controls. It was an easy switch.

I test rode the Limited I am thinking to buy and it had mid controls with the "rocker" shift lever.
I spent more time fiddling with the way my foot would shift and it was really distracting from the enjoyment.
Come to think of it, it may be the thing that strayed me away from it the most,

Any advice from you guys on dealing with this? I would really like to own this bike.

Once you ride the new bike for a day or two it will become second nature.

I got my first bike the that system last month, bought in Fla and rode it home to Tn. Plenty of time to practice.....

Old 06-27-2018 | 06:53 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior

forwards....................acutronics or the jaybrake i have jay brake...... love them . put on my road king and then transferred to my Street glide