Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tru Trax - Damn what a difference

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:53 AM
dpitts
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tru Trax - Damn what a difference

Just got the Tru Trax installed and almost instantly I could tell the difference. The rear end seemed to be tracking better and once in a turn the Sg will change lines without feeling rattled. The overall weight of the bike naturally helps with stability, but this (or any upgrade like it) is such a big improvement.

Why would HD not consider this type of upgrade to the SG/RK/Ultra ect. right from the factory - hell, bump the MSRP $50 (bulk buy on product) and let the bikes talk to their owners: just an opinion.

That said - front end. What is the best (and most cost effective) way to keep the front end from feeling like a diving submarine now that the back end seems to be under control. I've seen spring kits to lower the bike, that's not my intention - better handling is the goal.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:58 AM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Tru Trax - Damn what a difference

I have a new SG and noticed it doesn't track that well at high speed on the highway. Is this product designed to remedy that?

Old 06-26-2007, 07:57 AM
whateva
Tourer

Probably one of the nicest that I've seen. The bike's not bad either.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:09 AM
PhatHarley4Me
Tourer

Has anyone done a comparison with Tru Trac and Ride Str8? I've read all of the threads comparing the two but all of the comparisons are made bythose who have one or the other. None madeas a result of having used both at one point or another. Two different applications, two different looks that apparently yield the same results.

I'm still on the edge but leaning towards Tru Trac.....I like the easy install of tru Trac along with the fact,they have a little more time under their beltin this area.I'm looking to pull the trigger this week. Would be nice if a gp wasavailable.

OH! Are they answering the phones now? I read there was a concernabout being able to contact them. Maybe that was an old post.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Hogtoad
Cruiser

What is this product you are talking about? Sounds interesting.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 AM
kdietz
Road Captain

I have a Ride Str8 and a friend has the Tru Track....both work the same, but the Tru Track will rub on extreme right handers...both are simple to install

I also upgraded my front end with new springs and emulators from Race Tech...makes as much difference with the front end as the Ride Str8 did with the rear....FLEK S3895 with 15wt fork oil....cut the preload spacer so that it's 1/2" higher than the top of the fork tube

Old 06-26-2007, 10:36 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

ORIGINAL: kdietz

I have a Ride Str8 and a friend has the Tru Track....both work the same, but the Tru Track will rub on extreme right handers...both are simple to install

I also upgraded my front end with new springs and emulators from Race Tech...makes as much difference with the front end as the Ride Str8 did with the rear....FLEK S3895 with 15wt fork oil....cut the preload spacer so that it's 1/2" higher than the top of the fork tube
What kind of cost is involved for trickin' out the front end. I have a true track and it works wonders, but I would like to take the dive out of the frontend.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:44 AM
kdietz
Road Captain

Race Tech kit is $225 on ebay or $250 from Race Tech

Good time to chrome your front legs too!

Old 06-26-2007, 10:58 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Thanks, Is cutting down the spacers necessary or is it just ride preference?

Old 06-26-2007, 11:15 AM
kdietz
Road Captain

They give you a long aluminum tube to cut the spacers from....the chart will give you a formula to determine spacer length....I installed mine with the spacer level with the tube top, but another 1/2" longer was needed for a firmer ride

Quick Reply: Tru Trax - Damn what a difference