Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tru Trax - Damn what a difference

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Slope
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Tru Trax - Damn what a difference

Bump...

Old 07-13-2007, 11:30 AM
capt775
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was riding my new Ultra yesterday trying to get some miles on it for the 1000 mile service. I was getting familiar with it since I got off a '02 GL1800. On a straight stretch of two lane, no traffic for miles, I was making some panick stops, u-turns, getting a feel for what this bike was going to do. Ok, cruising at around 65 to 70 I flicked the bars, like to avoid a road gator or hole in front of me, and S***. I got the "wobble". Didn't scare me, but I thought "what the h**". I did it again and again with the same result. So I new then I was glad I hadn't spent my money yet on pipes, a/c, tuner and such.

Ca;me to the forum today, lo and behold you guys have the fix. THIS WILL BE MY FIRST MOD I MAKE!

Thanks forum posters.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:17 PM
gliderman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone been able to compare the TT or Ridestr8 to the Sta-bo bushings? Sta-bo claims that changing to their bushings gives the same results??

Old 07-13-2007, 08:50 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Sent my check for a Ride Str8 today. Dan doesn't take credit cards. Will report back after installing and testing.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:34 PM
stumppuller
2nd Gear

After 3 weeks I am replacing the Alloy Art TXR. The TXR initially seemed to work but now I am back to where I started. Fortunately the place I bought it has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I just wished I would have listened to them at the time as they told me the Ride-Str8 and True-Track were better with a slight preference towards the Ride-Str8. They will exchange it for either a Ride-Str8 or the True-Track. I am leaning towards the Ride-Str8 but I am not sure. They both seem very good. It was explained that the cage can be an issue on the True-Track which is why I chose the TXR.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:22 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: stumppuller

After 3 weeks I am replacing the Alloy Art TXR. The TXR initially seemed to work but now I am back to where I started. Fortunately the place I bought it has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I just wished I would have listened to them at the time as they told me the Ride-Str8 and True-Track were better with a slight preference towards the Ride-Str8. They will exchange it for either a Ride-Str8 or the True-Track. I am leaning towards the Ride-Str8 but I am not sure. They both seem very good. It was explained that the cage can be an issue on the True-Track which is why I chose the TXR.

Stumppuller, I installed the Ride Str8 about a month ago and did a write-up here: https://www.hdforums.com/m_1957210/tm.htm

I explained why I thought the Ride Str8 was a better-engineered product, but I'd like to hear alternative ideas. I did consider the TXR, but was taken aback by its complexity, exposure under the bike, and failure to allow fore-and-aft movement. It seems it only allows the engine to move vertically, which seems to me would increase vibration. The whole design looked like severe overkill to me using three heim joints, when only one is needed.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:06 PM
bruno765
Intermediate

I purchased an Alloy Art XR Stabilizer and had it professionally installed at the HollisterBike show a couple of months ago.I started having oil leaks as soon as I had it installed. I have replaced the oil pan gasket and still I am having leaks. Has anyone run into these type of problems? I am about ready to take it off and install something else. I like the way the bike handles just can't handle the leaks.

Bruno765
'03 Road King

Old 03-06-2008, 07:17 AM
wobray
Intermediate

Anybody used TRAXXION products out of Georgia???

Old 03-06-2008, 07:38 AM
rider
Cruiser

Anyone tried or looked at the glidepro setup??? glidepro.com

Old 03-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's the website.