Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tru Trax - Damn what a difference

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 12:51 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tru Trax - Damn what a difference

Wow...looks like i'll be adding the Traxxion fork cartridges too. Nice stuff!

http://www.traxxion.com/cruisers/harley_home.htm

Old 07-01-2007, 01:20 PM
fatbob
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only concern I have about the ride str8 is the mounting at the engine/trans. It looks to have 3 bolts up into the the engine, where the tru-track has 5 attaching points on thier bracket. It seems that the 3 little bolts securing it to the engine would be a weak point. Is anyone having any stress related problems with the ride str8 3 bolt engine mount bracket? I like this system better than the tru track, but a little leary of the 3 bolt mount bracket.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:13 PM
kingtut73
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i installed the true track myself. i did it in 25min. im not a wrencher at all!!! very easy install.
i tried sharp right handers no scraping. my bike is not lowered.
i rode it very hard along fwy sweepers and it felt great. when making turns at moderate speeds i had alot more confidence in the bike. although i have a RG i have a 21/18 pm wheel setup and sometimes at speeds over 100 the bike tends to have a little vibration. but hey its not designed to run at high speeds its a cruiser not a sports bike. i forget that often. but im happy with the product.
if i had stock wheels my scooter would ride like a dream

Old 07-11-2007, 10:53 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've ordered the Ride Str8 although the TrueTrack sounds effective also. I was a little concerned withthe TT possibly bottoming out given the heavy mountain riding I do. I'll try to post some feedback once I have it installed.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Tuco
Advanced

I wouldnt own a touring bike without a tru track. Top 3 best additions.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:16 AM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,709 Likes on 2,127 Posts

Mine was a very early model TrueTrack when installed by the builder. This was his personal bike and he put 15K on it and I've added 7K since. I have not had any issues related to the True Track. It does scrape if you frame is lowered. Mine is extremely stable. I replaced the the pivot shaft bushings in my shovehead and I still felt the movement in the rear when I pushed it. The True Track is solid and a stabilizer would be the first upgrade I would do if I bought a different bagger.

ORIGINAL: bikergeoff

I've heard that the true track can cause premature wear on the swingarm bushings. Anybody have one installed for many miles? Any truth to this, or is someone blowing smoke?

Old 07-12-2007, 01:38 PM
electra trike
Advanced

A couple of years ago while at Myrtle Beach bike week Fat Bagger Inc had a display that showed how much the swing arm moved side to side from the factory and they also discussed how the frames where braking at the support under the trans. Then they put on the Tru Trac and there was no side to side movement. I was impressed and had it installed on my EG trike on the spot. The gentleman that was standing next to was also having it installed when they put his bike on the lift his frame was broken right under the trans.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:36 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: bay13

ORIGINAL: iclick

I have one question about the True Track. Since it fills the jacking slot on the frame, how does this affect jacking up the bike?
No it doesn't effect it at all, my jack fits right on the true-track brace.

side note: I have a custom, it's factory lowered, and I've never scrapped it, the floorboards scrape first and I've never went beyond that to try and scrape the true-track brace.

Perhaps I'm just not aggressive enough
There are two other aspects to the TT that worry me. First is enclosing the tranny oil pan, which seems to me would increase oil temp. TT claims the box acts as a heatsink, but I can't see that in practice and I wonder why they didn't at least drill some holes in the rear portion for ventilation. Second, the stress on the motor mounting bolts would seem extreme since they are long there would be considerable stress on the threads. OTOH, the box may provide adequate support to lessen the stress on the bolts. The Ride Str8 heim joint is attached at a higher location where the stress and attachment points are on the same level, not two or more inches from each other.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:47 AM
fuzz35
Cruiser

where did you guys purchase this system?

Old 07-13-2007, 10:18 AM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reading / Watching this post with GREAT interest.

Billy G

Quick Reply: Tru Trax - Damn what a difference