Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tru Trax - Damn what a difference

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:06 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts
Default RE: Tru Trax - Damn what a difference

ORIGINAL: The Pawnbroker

This is one of those things that makes me wonder. I can understand having to mod the motor for more power because of the EPA regs etc. If this works so well, why doesn't harley do it? It can't be cost because it is just a few more pieces of metal to install during assembly. Besides, they could offer it as an option (or put it on "premium" models) and make money on the deal. So what gives?
This is because HD would be admitting a fault with the touring chassis. There are already a number of lawsuits on the books of riders being killed because of high speed wobbles, including motor cops. If they offer a solution for a problem they won't admit to, it could cost them millions.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:24 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try a set of ME880s . it'll make any bagger handle and ride much better and no more groove tracking.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:14 PM
MRY_FLHX
Novice

I'll be switching to the ME880 - thanks for advice.

Was riding HWY1 south of Carmel through the twisties 2-Up - midway through a long tight(ish) sweeping left I hit a bump and felt the rear end loosen up and track on it's own to the outside. I might have pooped in my drawers a little but otherwise came through it unscathed. I had always felt a little uneasy about my FLHX's handling through HWY speed sweeping turns and even moreso with the damned grooved HWYs we have around here. Read about Tru-Trak and ordered one that evening. It installed in about 15 minutes and my Harley tracks about as good as my little Ducati sport bike now. My FLHX handled great the moment I installed it - it's even better once I tweaked it a little to get it to track totally true. It's a no brainer - you need this. Good Luck

Old 06-30-2007, 11:43 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I have one question about the True Track. Since it fills the jacking slot on the frame, how does this affect jacking up the bike?

Old 07-01-2007, 04:59 AM
16X9 Shooter
Cruiser

Have ride str8, very happy. Anything that takes the "squish" out of the rear wheel while in a high speed turn over slight bumps or road dips is good. Please do yourself a favor and get something...there are a few different devices on the market.

I say "squish" only because that is the way it feels to me...the back end wants to go somewhere other than where I want it to go.

Very interested to hear about front forks...probably my next move.

Have '06 RG stock

Old 07-01-2007, 10:57 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone have a part number or a website for the product?
http://www.true-track.com/
http://www.ridestr8.com/
http://www.alloyart.com/products/txr.html

Old 07-01-2007, 11:57 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to look into the True Track. I have an 07 Glide and have felt the rear tracking being off in many a corner thus far. Some at normal speed where there's a bump or a dip in the road that the bike gets a slight wobble from, and I also feel it when going hard into a corner and then let off the throttle where the front dips and the backs starts to off track.

The quick fix has been to hit the throttle again, but there will be times when that's not an option. I have tried the corners out with stock Dunlops and the Metzler 880'sthat I recently installed. While I can say the Metzlers area better tire, I can say that they DO NOT resolve the cornering issues where the bike wobbles. Just put a stock glide into a nice 70-80mph cruise and move your A$$ around in the saddle. You'll quickly see what the wobble feels like. I am hoping this True Track can resolve some of the stability issues as I hate that off tracking feeling especially in corners.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:11 PM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Doug dont be affraid of the ride str8 just because of the way it attaches to the riders foot board...It could hardly be seen after my install...Really a nice bit of engineering to say the least...Alsotucks its selfhigher into the chassis and motor then the true track...The rubbing/scraping isn't there either...read about the why they are designed and get one you can't go wrong...
As far as front end I have recently installed the progressive springs and am really impressed with them...The handling is firmer but not harsh, no vibration transferring through my hands making them tingle...As far as adding the gold emulator to the progressive springs my indy shop who was and is a sport bike builder has said" That adding the G/E along with the progressive springs will make the front end feel soft...I personnaly havent tried this yet but am going on what he stated...
If your looking to drag a knee when you bank the bike you might look at the Triaxion dynamics cartiage system that Max has developed for the H-D's....They are getting alot of possitive reviews from the folks on the CVO forums that have tried them...Max is also looking at a Italian Race bike shock builder on a set of rear shocks for our bikes...The jury is still out on this one but the reviews its getting seems positive...They have may more adjustments then the average shocks have so you can change your ride handling anyway you want...

Old 07-01-2007, 12:28 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the links Doug. I have looked at all three and while I can appreciate different aspects of each, looks like the ride-str8 might be the winner here. Anyone compared the actaul post installation ride of the ride-str8 vs. the true-track. I'd like to hear from those who have compared so the review is fair. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:42 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: iclick

I have one question about the True Track. Since it fills the jacking slot on the frame, how does this affect jacking up the bike?
No it doesn't effect it at all, my jack fits right on the true-track brace.

side note: I have a custom, it's factory lowered, and I've never scrapped it, the floorboards scrape first and I've never went beyond that to try and scrape the true-track brace.

Perhaps I'm just not aggressive enough

Quick Reply: Tru Trax - Damn what a difference