Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tru Trax - Damn what a difference

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:46 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts
Default RE: Tru Trax - Damn what a difference

ORIGINAL: dougbk

Check out this one, it doesn't appear to have any thing to drag in the curves and doesn't require changing the passenger floorboard bracket. Looks pretty clean.
http://www.alloyart.com/products/txr.html
Don't get one of those, I had one and it caused alot of extra vibration. I switched to a true track and it caused no extra vibration and worked alot better than the alloy art. Some say the true track will hit in a hard right hand corner, I drag my boards all the time and I can't seem to hit the true track.[8D]

Old 06-27-2007, 03:35 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 518 Likes on 361 Posts

So my buddy comes into my work today. He's giving me grief because he sold his "ill handling Fatboy" and bought a Roadglide. He goes on to say how it was squirley in back (I think he's squirley) and how he installed one of these true tracs. Now it rides like it's on a rail? Is he full of it? Are these stabalizers really necc? I thought baggers were the best handling right out of the box. To me, that's like buying a new Z06 and having to install a rear sway bar so it will handle right.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:58 AM
red1beard
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2006 FLHXI was squirrelly out of the box. Compared to my old bike. But it was the most comfortable bike I ever owned.Added RideStr8t and Progressive 12" 440's to the back and Progessive springs to the front.Then it handled so well I decided the front brakes were not enough. Added Hawg Halter 6 piston calipers with floating rotors. Now it handles and stops. Question for me is. What does the emulator from Race Tech do for the front end?Sorry if I'm showing my ignorance.
Thanks
Gene

Old 06-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Gaskett
Advanced

I say go with the Alloy Art, I have mine (adjusted correctlt) and there is no feel of vibration that I could tell of over stock.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:17 AM
PhatHarley4Me
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Gaskett

(adjusted correctlt)
That's just another area to go wrong. Why buy and have to adjust when you can buy, put on and your riding.No adjusting needed.....

I'm sold on the Ride Str8.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:20 AM
PhatHarley4Me
Tourer

ORIGINAL: byersmtrco

To me, that's like buying a new Z06 and having to install a rear sway bar so it will handle right.

Nope... all you need for the new Z is a set of headers, air box and a good tune! 500 to the rear baby!!! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-27-2007, 02:41 PM
UltraPassenger
Road Captain

Be careful dealing with these True Track guys...hubby bought this set up for his Ultra...took it to the dealer...wouldn't work...dealer called True Track and they told him how to modify it...still wouldn't work...now True Track is saying "tough stuff". Do a search on the forum for them. We are sending this stuff back and asking for a refund. Will keep you posted on our thread about this.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:53 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,709 Likes on 2,127 Posts

Depending on your frame height it may scrape

[IMG]local://upfiles/21477/B9422FE12DDD41518E435EC8B9CC5C05.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

i always thought that this kit was bs... until last week when i felt the 'wobble'. while it didnt frighten me, i DID notice.

however, that was in a nice off ramp sweeper at about 75mph

Old 06-27-2007, 09:13 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: celtlion

I have a new SG and noticed it doesn't track that well at high speed on the highway. Is this product designed to remedy that?
This may be in part due to the D402's tendency to follow ridges in the pavement. Many interstates have longitudinal ridges cut in the pavement to channel water, and these tires can make the bike feel squirrelly at times. I understand the Elite 3 eliminates this tendency, and I will be trying these at my next tire change (after I wear out the new D402 I have here). Metzelers may also help in this regard.

Quick Reply: Tru Trax - Damn what a difference