Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming Eagle Stage 4 kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 08:11 AM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,285 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by 07_Dyna

THIS is a Carabau. The Philippine equivalent of a farm tractor. They race Carabau at fiesta time...

THIS is a fast motorcycle.

Now for my (sincere) question. Why?

If you ride a Carabau (and I *LIKE* my Carabau!) why try to make it fast?

If you want a fast bike, why not just buy one?

There may be some irony in the idiom "you cant make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." A sow is a female hog

Is this a one-upmanship thing, among a bunch of rich old frats? Or what? I just don't get it.

The simplest of logic tells us that trying to ride that Carabau fast might not be the best idea you ever had...
theres always that guy! Cant have this conversation without him. So, your saying i should just ride a stock motored bike? That being the case, since i have to have your approval for what i do with my bike, ill just put mine up for sale and go buy something that actually runs ok.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:24 AM
jmeyer58
Road Captain
Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

I installed the stage 4 on my limited. Pulls great and looks good too. I didn’t bother with the tire shredder, I travel 2 up and pull a trailer so looking for torque at lower RPM. Very happy with the SE255 cams and the added displacement. Still getting 42MPG at 65MPH.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:33 AM
Robert Wayne 1969
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jshopes
theres always that guy! Cant have this conversation without him. So, your saying i should just ride a stock motored bike? That being the case, since i have to have your approval for what i do with my bike, ill just put mine up for sale and go buy something that actually runs ok.
jshopes, I think 2 of those Carabau would probably give me the low end torque I’m looking for.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:47 AM
07_Dyna
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't say you should do anything. I just asked what is, to me, a very logical question.

Never mind YOU. I'll talk about me. I love my Road King. Major problem is, somebody souped it up. Is it fast? HELL no - never will be - never could be - 'cause it weighs >800 plus pounds and spins 6,500 rpm, tops. But now it runs "funny" - have to hit fast revs to get it away from a light... big cam and all that... And for what - to be a giggle for the boys on the Hyabusas?

You are much more than welcome to do whatever you want with what is yous. I would just like to know why. Why race, when you have no chance of winning? Why mess up a stock motor, making it a lot less fun 99% of the time?

Somebody did a really good job on my Road King. It never vibrates - one bit - above idle. That much I like. Is it faster than a stock bike - oh yeah. But a 750 4 Honda will embarrass the **** out of me...

Anyhow - gotta go. My latest project is my sailboat. I'm gonna nail some wings to that sucker, and...

Old 06-28-2018, 10:48 AM
07_Dyna
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Robert Wayne 1969

jshopes, I think 2 of those Carabau would probably give me the low end torque I’m looking for.
Prombly - but they poop a LOT!

Old 06-28-2018, 10:52 AM
07_Dyna
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Robert Wayne 1969

07 Dyna, I do have a fast bike. I bought a Ducati 1198 it has 170 hp. My post in the forum here was to get feedback on the stage 4 kits. I was looking for low to mid range torque. The stage 4 kit I inquired about here in the forum was pretty drastic and more than I wanted (overkill). One fella here in the forum pointed out the crank stress associated with some of these kits and that’s not what I am looking for.
YEAH! Good luck keeping the front tire on the ground on that bike! I like the Suzuki 1000 v-twin, too. If I had a zillion $ and a place to park it, I would have one

My humble suggestion is, just enjoy your Harley. NOTHING can beat it, at it's own game. Stay a winner...

Old 06-28-2018, 11:36 AM
scott7d
Road Captain
Received 934 Likes on 286 Posts

am i reading this right? Stage 4 twin cam to keep up with a stock 107?
I disagree with the statement you referenced. A stage 3 103" with a solid tune and right combo of parts would dance around a 107" like it wasn't even moving. A stage 4? Same but much easier.

I've seen several bold statements about the M8's lately. Smooth and nice early torque. But really not THAT much more stout than a Rushmore 103".

Even through all this, people rarely mention the rider. Numbers on paper don't tell the whole story.

Last edited by scott7d; 06-28-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:10 PM
Robert Wayne 1969
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YEAH! Good luck keeping the front tire on the ground on that bike! I like the Suzuki 1000 v-twin, too. If I had a zillion $ and a place to park it, I would have one

My humble suggestion is, just enjoy your Harley. NOTHING can beat it, at it's own game. Stay a winner...
07 Dyna, believe me I do enjoy my bagger, I traded my 2012 in for the 16’ model. I mentioned early on about keeping up with 107 M8 but my purpose is dual fold. My wife also has a harley but when we go on vacation we’re on mine. With the weight of 2 riders and being loaded down with luggage that extra torque is what I’m looking for on highways and mountains. The guys here in the forum have given some great info and advise, which is why I joined. I’m not a member of the old rich fart one-up club, I still work my tail off. I think changing out the cams should give me what I’m looking for. When I want to really rip it up I jump on the Ducati.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:24 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,802 Likes on 3,686 Posts

Originally Posted by SG-Jay
You may also want to look at fuel moto's options. They have a fantastic reputation, and stand behind their products.
100% this. I wouldn't use the SE junk unless it was the only brand on the market. I think most use them to keep in good stead with the warranty. I don't like their overpriced crap.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:44 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,172 Likes on 4,386 Posts

I didn't say you should do anything. I just asked what is, to me, a very logical question.

Why race, when you have no chance of winning? Why mess up a stock motor, making it a lot less fun 99% of the time?

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't read the OP say anything about setting his bike up to race a Hyabusa...... ?

I absolutely disagree with the highlighted part of your statement. If the mods are done well (quality components, that compliment each other, installed properly, and most important--- tuned well), that is just not the case........ because you, or someone else, messed up the mods on your bike... don't condemn all mods....

I have never left a Harley stock. I have done everything from just A/C, exhaust, & tune... Up to big bore kit with cams, intake, headwork, and tune...

Everyone of my Harleys has run better after the mods than before. Everyone of my Harleys has been more fun to ride after the mods than before. Everyone of my Harleys (including two AMF shovel heads, that's right AMF shovel heads) have been trouble free...... Those are the reasons I modded my Harleys... good enough for me, even if you disapprove...

FWIW, I was not modding them to race. I don't want to race a Hyabusa, don't want to own a Hyabusa, and really don't give a crap what a guy on a Hyabusa thinks of me or my bike... If you truly care what a guy on a Hyabusa (or any other bike for that matter) thinks about you and your bike, you have issues....

Last edited by hattitude; 06-28-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Screaming Eagle Stage 4 kit