Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Dealer Rental

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 02:26 PM
jimglassford
Tourer
Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Harley Davidson Dealer Rental

A friend was talking about renting a Harley Dresser for a weekend and accompanying me on a longer ride. We were both surprised to discover that the dealers in Michigan do not rent motorcycles. My friend was told by his local dealer that dealers in general will no longer rent motorcycles. I checked on line and there are no dealers in Michigan offering rentals. The closest is in Cleveland.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 PM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 229 Posts

Renting a bike for a weekend sounds like a great way to test it before buying it. How much does a rental cost? And do they usually have new models?

Old 06-23-2018, 03:39 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by jimglassford
A friend was talking about renting a Harley Dresser for a weekend and accompanying me on a longer ride. We were both surprised to discover that the dealers in Michigan do not rent motorcycles. My friend was told by his local dealer that dealers in general will no longer rent motorcycles. I checked on line and there are no dealers in Michigan offering rentals. The closest is in Cleveland.
Don't know how you searched but my Google search turned up several dealers in Michigan that rent bikes.
https://www.google.com/search?ei=Ta0...%2BCuFbssqE%3D

Old 06-23-2018, 03:46 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by ronaldrwl
Renting a bike for a weekend sounds like a great way to test it before buying it. How much does a rental cost? And do they usually have new models?
The few times I've rented a bike it's been from a dealer. Cost has varied but usually $150/day + or - $25. And there are usually discounts for multiple days. And yes, I've never rented one more that a model year or two old.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:22 PM
e6fmf
Road Master
Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

Eagle Rider has taken control of bike rentals. Get your wallet out$$$$

Old 06-23-2018, 09:37 PM
jimglassford
Tourer
Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

And if you go to the Eagle Rider web site, Michigan is not on the list.We will call Motor City on Monday and see if they still rent and if they are just doing this on their own.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:40 PM
Joe from So Cal
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

About 4 months ago I bought a rental bike from Glendale CA Harley Davidson. 2016 Road Glide with a tick over 10,000 miles on it.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:40 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by e6fmf
Eagle Rider has taken control of bike rentals. Get your wallet out$$$$
THIS!!! I believe its been about 2 years since the dealers stopped renting and shifted to eagle rider

Old 06-24-2018, 09:30 AM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Yep, eagle Rider apparently took over dealer rentals a year or 2 ago.

One of our local dealers (Seacoast Harley in Hampton NH) had a rental fleet, but they aren't working with eagle Rider, so no more rentals there.

Same deal with outer Banks Harley in NC - was planning on renting from them this spring on vacation, but no go. They told me it wasn't financially beneficial for them to work with eagle Rider, so they dropped the rentals. I couldn't find a Harley rental any closer than DC when I was in NC (since I was on the east coast and most NC rentals are Central and West, presumably to accommodate the better riding near the dragon...).

Old 06-24-2018, 10:06 AM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Last January while in fla. I couldn't find a dealer to rent a bike from. Closest place was Eagle rider in Miami. So off to Miami to rent one from.While we were there my girlfriend son rented a jap bike. The rental process for a harley was much easier then renting a jap bike. Over all the hardest part was finding them in downtown Miami
I ended up with a $99 a day road glide

Last edited by rsking45; 06-24-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Dealer Rental