Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting-point fuel map for new build?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:53 AM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Starting-point fuel map for new build?

Finally about to first-fire my rebuilt engine, but need a starting-point map for my PCIII to get me going. I couldn't find anything real close on the powercommander site. The biggest challenge I have there is my bike has a stock ECM and the two maps they have for builds similar to mine are for stage II ECMs.

I have a 2000 Ultra with factory MM fuel injection, 100 inch kit, 570 cams, worked heads, Thunderheader 2-1, and Big Sucker air cleaner.

should I just run one of the two maps for stage II ECMs? Any other suggestions?

Old 06-14-2018, 10:56 AM
springers4ever
Road Master
Received 229 Likes on 135 Posts
Cool Maps for PC lll....

You dont give what the compression ratio is ...but there are a few maps to start with and may take some tweaking ...
look at 807-065 from the dynojet site
there are a few in the 807 's ... you can try ...should be a good starting point and just start out slow ...ride around block to see what timing is ...if hitting to hard ...if pinging...retard some ...if feels soft ...add some ...then can work on the fuel table ...mark throttle 0-25-50-75-100 for ref. and notice rpm and throttle position when problem occurs ...
if has a really deep tone but no decel pop ...may be a little to rich ...if has a small flat spot when rolling slowly on the gas ..may be too lead ...find the problem area and select the four to five boxes around that area and make an adjustment ...(has it's hard to find the exact box that may be the issue ) ...pick the box you think it is ..make that the biggest adj....then adjust the ones around that area just half of that big adjustment ...
just a starting point ...you'll have to make some adjustment to any map ...anyone gives you ...

Old 06-14-2018, 11:19 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

A phone call or email to DynoJet with all of your engine specs will get you a custom map to start with.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:36 PM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by springers4ever
You dont give what the compression ratio is ...but there are a few maps to start with and may take some tweaking ...
look at 807-065 from the dynojet site
there are a few in the 807 's ... you can try ...should be a good starting point and just start out slow ...ride around block to see what timing is ...if hitting to hard ...if pinging...retard some ...if feels soft ...add some ...then can work on the fuel table ...mark throttle 0-25-50-75-100 for ref. and notice rpm and throttle position when problem occurs ...
if has a really deep tone but no decel pop ...may be a little to rich ...if has a small flat spot when rolling slowly on the gas ..may be too lead ...find the problem area and select the four to five boxes around that area and make an adjustment ...(has it's hard to find the exact box that may be the issue ) ...pick the box you think it is ..make that the biggest adj....then adjust the ones around that area just half of that big adjustment ...
just a starting point ...you'll have to make some adjustment to any map ...anyone gives you ...
Springer, thanks for those detailed instructions - I appreciate. Question: I have a 2000 with Magnetti-Marelli fuel injection. The 807-065 map says it's for 2002-03 bikes which I think have Delphi injection. Will this map still work on my setup? BTW, builder estimates the CR at about 10.25:1
Originally Posted by SBates08
A phone call or email to DynoJet with all of your engine specs will get you a custom map to start with.
Thanks Bates, I'm on hold with them now (with a scant 13 callers ahead of me!). It'll be awesome if they can actually do this, and do it today. I really need to get this bike on the road for a trip. Wish I had know sooner! I imagine it'll take them a few days at best in which case I'll start with a map from their site, but we'll see.

Last edited by Z; 06-14-2018 at 01:37 PM.