Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 ultra classic

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018 | 04:30 PM
blastrofast
|
Stage II
Default 2007 ultra classic

I have a 2007 Ultra Classic with approximately 27000 miles, 20000 of those I've put on it in the 5 years I've owned it. Ive put several hundred miles on it this year and I've noticed it getting a little sluggish starting. Atter reading a few thresdsI look into the lines for my fuel pump. I discovered a small hole in the line going to the filter, so I replaced that line and the filter. Now the bike when it starts goes to high idol then shuts off. After doing more research I replace the fuel pressure regulator and housing. Still the same problem and at this point I'm stumped. I'm wondering if I may have done some damge to the fuel pump assembly before I learned how to actually remove it correctly. I dont feel i was overly aggressive with removing it the first time but anyone who's worked on these knows what I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

Old 06-12-2018 | 06:53 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member

check the fuel line quick connect, any little piece of grit and it wont seat right.

The following users liked this post:
Fred Asarisi (08-06-2019)
Old 06-14-2018 | 09:52 PM
Zerk
Banned

07s are funny.

I have had my idle take off a couple times. More so stalling, Cleaning IAC helps that. I don't think it is fuel pump. I had wrestled mine around an embarssing amount, and it works fine.

I doubt it is what is calling high idle.

Old 08-06-2019 | 09:32 AM
Fred Asarisi
Stage IV
Default Help needed

I have a 2007 Harley Davidson Electra Glide. I am having problems with it backfiring and sputtering when I first take off. After it warms up it still sputters a little as well as not enough power. When I smooth out it feels like its straining to go. Strange thing is, when its hot, I can shut it off, crank it back up, and it runs smooth and has a lot of power for a few minutes then starts all over again. Need help!!!

Old 08-06-2019 | 10:14 AM
glasspilot
Road Master

Originally Posted by Zerk
07s are funny.

I have had my idle take off a couple times. More so stalling, Cleaning IAC helps that. I don't think it is fuel pump. I had wrestled mine around an embarssing amount, and it works fine.

I doubt it is what is calling high idle.
My 06 had a erratic idle a couple years ago. Sometimes high, sometimes low. I replaced the IAC; I thought it helped a little. What really fixed it for me was a new throttle position sensor.

Last edited by glasspilot; 08-06-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-07-2019 | 08:50 AM
Fred Asarisi
Stage IV

Originally Posted by glasspilot
My 06 had a erratic idle a couple years ago. Sometimes high, sometimes low. I replaced the IAC; I thought it helped a little. What really fixed it for me was a new throttle position sensor.

Thanks, I'll check both. I think I'm going to clean the IAC first the go from there. I was wondering if it might be plug wires. I put new Screamin Eagle plugs but that did nothing at all.

Old 08-07-2019 | 02:43 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

When I had my 07, which I don't have anymore but I had it from new till 2018. I always had a number of somewhat flaky performance problems. Never was able to pin t down. Then finally went out to LittleChute for a FM 107 kit. First thing they do is put it on the dyno to get a "before" picture of the bike. The bike got up to 300RPM and then flatlined... the fuel pump just wouldn't push out anymore than that. Replaced the pump and all sorts of issues disappeared, but of course I did the 107 at the same time.

Don't rule out the fuel pump is my message. Although that hose from the quick connect to the throttle bottle failed on me and a $50 dollar replacement fixed it nicely.

Old 08-07-2019 | 02:53 PM
Fred Asarisi
Stage IV

[QUOTE=oldhippie;18458053]When I had my 07, which I don't have anymore but I had it from new till 2018. I always had a number of somewhat flaky performance problems. Never was able to pin t down. Then finally went out to LittleChute for a FM 107 kit. First thing they do is put it on the dyno to get a "before" picture of the bike. The bike got up to 300RPM and then flatlined... the fuel pump just wouldn't push out anymore than that. Replaced the pump and all sorts of issues disappeared, but of course I did the 107 at the same time.

Don't rule out the fuel pump is my message. Although that hose from the quick connect to the throttle bottle failed on me and a $50 dollar replacement fixed it nicely.

Good onsite. Thanks for the information.

Old 08-07-2019 | 04:12 PM
BackRoader
Road Master

Had same problems with my 06. Cleaned IAC, helped a bit. New throttle poosition sensor, helped a bit more, dumped FuelPak and replaced with Power Commander, fixed problem!

Old 08-07-2019 | 09:01 PM
Fred Asarisi
Stage IV

Good stuff. Thanks for the info. I have a lot to try now.

Quick Reply: 2007 ultra classic