Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudo's to ACC Helmet Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:46 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kudo's to ACC Helmet Customer Service

A little while ago I bought a DOT Advanced Carbon Composites helmet used from another member. The helmet was a little loose as it was, but fit pretty good with a do rag on my head. I decided to e-mail ACC and ask if they would sell me a thicker set of padding so I could fit the helmet without the do rag. Well I received an e-mail today basically asking me for my mailing address and that they would be sending out the padding this afternoon, for FREE! Now don't forget I didn't buy the helmet new from them and they were aware of this. Now that is good customer service. I'm not even really a customer. But I'll be sure to buy one new from them should the time come that I need/want another helmet.

FYI, their DOT helmet is great. I had been wearing one of those novelty helmets. The DOT helmet is only slightly larger than the novelty helmet and you can tell immediately that there is real protectionfrom this helmet vs. the novelty. I am not required to wear a helmet in PA, but I tell you that this is a great choice if you want to play it safe and still have a comfortable safe helmet on. Just to be clear, I have no affiliation with ACC. I was just so impressed by their willingness to help me out despite the fact that I didn't buy the helmet directly from them.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Isolated01
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kudo's to ACC Helmet Customer Service

I also have one of their DOT helmets and love it. Advanced Carbon Fiber is a good product and their staff is very helpful.
Another plus is that this helmet fits into my saddlebag.
I did change out the clasp for D-rings, Just felt better.

http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/news.htm

Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Alamo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kudo's to ACC Helmet Customer Service

Get this one... I have the same helmet and dropped it like a dumb **s. I emailed them and asked if they could fix the spider cracks. The lady told me to mail it back to them. I did and they sent me a brand new helmet - free.

Basically, I would not ride with anything else. Very comfortable and aero dynamic as opposed to the mushrooms sold by others.