Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adding a king tour pak........

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default adding a king tour pak........

ok, bought a 2018 Road Glide and also bought a king tour pak as I wanted the extra lighting, not the ultra king tour pak as it wasn't available in my color. I also bought #67800368 tail-lite kit wrap around. I have searched online and found a post on facebook where another rider did that, he said you will need the wiring harness from HD but his dealer didn't have it so he bought it thru NAMZ, plug n play, item #NTP-CB01. I asked him is this all you needed to hook up your lights, he said yes.
I am getting the light bar mounted and realize the NAMZ harness WILL NOT plug into my plug on the light bar, and now I have found a post on here where riders said I will also need this wiring harness from HD #69200131.
Does anybody have any insight into this? thanks

Old 06-11-2018, 07:02 PM
matt_eglide
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I didn't do exactly as you did, but did something similar with mine. I added an aftermarket king tour pack with lights to my 2007 Electra Glide along with an aftermarket brake/run/turn wiring harness that plugs in between the factory connection under the seat. I also added a rear brake/turn light mod as well when doing this. I just figured out which wire in the king tour pack controlled the turn signals, brake lights and was the ground and used my own wiring to wire up to the brake/run/turn wiring harness I bought separate. Shouldn't be too hard and I'm sure someone will chime in telling you which color wire controls which on your year bike. Some simple wiring skills and some cheap soldering tools will get you all taken care of much less than buying or fabbing or cutting an HD harness. HTH.