Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:29 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Warranty question

My '06 Road Glide has developed a leak at the seal where the shift shaft comes out of the tranny.
I'm running Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
My question is,could the dealer or MOCO deniy the warranty fix because of the Redline gear oil ???

Old 06-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Warranty question

It shoudn't matter- the Redline oil wouldn't have damaged the seal.
If there's any doubt drain the Redline, fill with Moco fluid, run for a few miles, drain again, refill with Moco fluid, then take it to the dealer...

Old 06-25-2007, 10:49 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've seen HD dealers sell all the Redline oils so I can't see them having a problem with your warranty when they sell the stuff. But then again, with all the idiots I've run into in the HD service dept, nothing surprises me. I just had a service guy tell me I shouldn't be putting Redline MTL in the primary. He had a look like I told him I was going to be putting Pepsi in there. When I pointed to the shelves where THEY sold Redline MTL and asked him since they sell it, and it's not for the primary, what is it for? He just looked at me and then started in with the typical BS two step. I asked again whatit's used for if not the primary and hesaid allhe'd put in was Formula +. Typical moron in theHD service dept.I can't count how many idiots I've come across that just can't admit they don't know something and have totry and BS you like you'll believe anything they say.

This is why I do my own service now. Plus my bike isn't there for 3 or 4 days because they're not capable of being organized to getyour bike done the same day!

When was the last time you had toleave your car for 3 or 4 days for regualr maint?! NEVER! [:@]

Old 06-25-2007, 10:58 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lost1
If there's any doubt drain the Redline, fill with Moco fluid, run for a few miles, drain again, refill with Moco fluid, then take it to the dealer...
I thought about doing this to avoid any BS.
It would be phucked if they did not cover the warranty repair,because I did buy the Redline at the dealer.
I even had a parts counter jockey tell me that running any syn would void the warranty even when they sell redline products?

Old 06-25-2007, 12:20 PM
fatboylust
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Federal Law (Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act, 1975) stipulates that you can use any lubricant in any application so long as it meets or exceeds the OEM original specification for the system or component. You can quickly verify this with a call to RedLine.

Good Luck,
FBL