Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag holsters ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 320 Likes on 187 Posts
Default Saddlebag holsters ?

Patiently waiting on the 2019's to be released and wondering what those who carry while riding do for a saddlebag holster? I've got IWB holsters and a pretty good ankle holster but the option for a solid holster setup in the saddlebag does have appeal. Maybe some kind of a mounting system that would allow use of a present holster? Since it's in the saddlebag, I'm figuring I'd carry my 45 Glock vs the 9mm. Pics would be great !

Old 06-03-2018, 06:10 PM
evil apes
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Been trying to think of something for years but i just carry with my glock on my side with a paddle holster. I seen a seat years ago with a holster built into it on the side. But i think they are no longer in business. I bought i shoulder holster that i may try

Old 06-03-2018, 06:17 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,132 Likes on 2,270 Posts

https://shop.captain-itch.com/Motorc...ster-Panel.htm

See the drop down menu for holsters they make that work with the saddlebag holster panel.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:01 PM
tjcaron
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I use one of these. Link Bought it several years ago, inexpensive and still works great.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:32 PM
nykn72
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Never have my gun anyplace but on me or in the safe . This way it never gets left behind and it's always right where i may need it !

Old 06-03-2018, 09:45 PM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,211 Likes on 1,320 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
https://shop.captain-itch.com/Motorc...ster-Panel.htm

See the drop down menu for holsters they make that work with the saddlebag holster panel.
I'm really close to getting a set of these for both bikes. With the newer style lid release levers on the newer bikes, it would be a one handed operation for either me or the wife to get it out while still sitting on the bike. I'd get one for the Shield and one for the Glock and can swap them back and forth.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:46 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,455 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Badbagger
Patiently waiting on the 2019's to be released and wondering what those who carry while riding do for a saddlebag holster? I've got IWB holsters and a pretty good ankle holster but the option for a solid holster setup in the saddlebag does have appeal. Maybe some kind of a mounting system that would allow use of a present holster? Since it's in the saddlebag, I'm figuring I'd carry my 45 Glock vs the 9mm. Pics would be great !
My opinion only, but if that weapon is in the saddlebag, it's TOO FAR away from you when you need it quickly. It defeats the purpose of CONCEAL CARRY.
When I come to a place that I can't carry into, I just lay the weapon in the saddlebag and lock it. I don't need a special holster in the bag for that.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:58 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,666 Likes on 6,425 Posts

You keep a gun on you so why do you need a place for one in your saddlebag? If I were to consider such a thing I would go with Captain Itch as they have great leather products but I like such things easily accessible.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:06 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 320 Likes on 187 Posts

Thanks much, never did say I was only carrying a single. I carry 2 anywhere I go. My Walther will be on my person. Glock has big frame.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:07 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,528 Likes on 1,423 Posts

FBI Style high on the belt for my Ruger LC9. Easy to get to, always with me.

Quick Reply: Saddlebag holsters ?