Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cell phone holders for bikes

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 08:44 AM
reds2tall54
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Cell phone holder

Hello everyone. ! I use a Samsung Note 7 or 8 cant remember now being as they had a heck of a time with battery issues for a while and i've returned a few... anyway the Note i'm using now for about a year has worked great so on with my thoughts... Being as my phone is one of the largest phones out there finding a mount that did not block the view of the road..lol proved to be a challenge. I've spent a good deal of cash on mounts and just recently i ran across the Rokform system and they even made a case that fit my phone . So Rokform offers a handle bar mount and a mount that bolts right to the controls on the hand grip area,please forgive my lack of terms i've been working 17 hour days for 4 days now and my brain is letting me know its time to rest....anyway the case has a magnet built into it that allows you to put the phone just about anywhere thats metal and it stays put but the mount for the bike is NOT a eye sore for the bike its not the huge 4 fingered claw thing . So ya put the phone on its bracket give it a little twist and its locked on. You can have it oriented sideways or straight up for call or the other way for GPS mapping. So far I'm happy with it . It comes in chrome or black . I've got 6 phone holders and all but 1 cost over $100 bucks... And one day when i learn how to upload pics to this site I'll start adding pics of things I'm talking about.. It's funny because i've been blessed with a natural ability to fix just about anything (Mechanical and most Electrical but cant turn on a pc...lmao. Thanks everyone for there input on my dilemma i was going threw a few weeks back with the weird noise and loss of power thing. Hope everyone has a awesome weekend and a safe 4th. TTul

Last edited by reds2tall54; 06-29-2018 at 08:46 AM. Reason: forgot some info
Old 06-29-2018, 08:55 AM
reds2tall54
Novice

P.S if you change phones ya just buy the matching case for your new phone and it mounts to the same bracket ... Granted the cases run from around $40 to $60 bucks give or take a buck or 2 but ya dont have to buy another mount just a phone case that Rokform makes for their mount. I sure hope i'm making sense ...lol ! I think i paid just at $100 bucks for the control mount which is a bit more than the handle bar mount oh and with the Rokform mount you get a mount for your car or truck that attaches to the AC vents. and the offer a pocket/ belt clip for the case that works on your bike .. Ok now that your asleep and or thinking to your self ..God will this guy ever shut the F&&% up.... I'm done...

Old 06-29-2018, 08:55 AM
duoglider
Road Warrior
Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

A cell phone attached to my viewing field is the last thing I want on my bike. It's a distraction from the road, which is already filled with people looking at their cell phones. I've gotten through 45+ years of riding without a need to tether myself to a phone or depend on any type of navigation device and prefer to keep my eyes on the other idiots on the road.
JMHO YMMV

Old 06-29-2018, 09:10 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 897 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by duoglider
A cell phone attached to my viewing field is the last thing I want on my bike. It's a distraction from the road, which is already filled with people looking at their cell phones. I've gotten through 45+ years of riding without a need to tether myself to a phone or depend on any type of navigation device and prefer to keep my eyes on the other idiots on the road.
JMHO YMMV
Perfect. Now we know that you don't like phone mounts. 😁

The following users liked this post:
Rusty Dailey (05-01-2020)
Old 06-29-2018, 09:36 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by duoglider
JMHO YMMV
You might also want to avoid cup holders.

Rusty Dailey (05-01-2020)
Old 06-29-2018, 09:37 AM
reds2tall54
Novice

I totally agree with you and your a very blessed man if you've never tasted asphalt and i pray to God you or any rider never has to... And If i'm on my girl 3 days a week on average I'll run into someone on there phone 2 of those days .. I had a fight with asphalt back in 2010 May 8th and of coarse i lost badly... I was in a coma for 53 days and broke my back and left lower leg. I've got 14 inches of hard ware in my upper back and 12 pins plus 7 pins and 6 inches of a bracket in my leg... If it wasn't for my friends lady at the time she sat on me and kept me from trying to get up if i would have moved i would have severed my spinal cord so i was told and i would not be walking or working today ...well lets just say things would be way diff, then now... So I'm a very watchful rider today and when i attach my phone to the bike i plug in my ear buds so i don't have to take my eyes off the road and if things don't work right i pull over and do any adjustments then off we go.... I here a lot of ..well lets call it feed back about phones on bikes and although i do agree on distractions we / I can be safe about things...After my accident i was in a clam shell for a year and i bought another bike in that year and it took almost another year to get back on the horse ... God I'm a long winded son of a bisqit ...lol. Oh and if i didnt have some kind of GPS/wife with me I'd get lost in a parking lot...LMAO not really but maybe those big ones...

Old 06-29-2018, 10:01 AM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Mertoid

I use this, $8 delivered off Ebay. Holds great, captures all 4 corners, easy to put phone in and take out. Swivels for best viewing, pretty solid even over the rough stuff. Better than I expected.
link?

Old 06-29-2018, 10:10 AM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,948 Likes on 807 Posts

Keep mine in my right side saddle bag. If I want to use the GPS on my phone, the blue tooth feature works perfect from there.

I sure as hell aint gonna be taking calls or texting while I'm riding.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:02 PM
Bugsy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RAM Mount X Grip. I can use the GPS & Pandora or iHeart through the bluetooth...not texting or taking calls.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:45 PM
Mertoid
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Motorcycle-MTB-Bike-Bicycle-Handlebar-Mount-Holder-For-Cell-Phone-GPS-/232687641866

cficole (06-29-2018)

Quick Reply: cell phone holders for bikes