Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cell phone holders for bikes

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 05:13 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 897 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
Save your money and put it in a pocket. There is no purpose of having a handlebar mount cell phone holder. They are a safety hazard for bikers. My bike has bluetooth so i don't need a cell phone mount or do i need to even see my GPS on my 6.5 Boombox to navigate efficiently . Audio is awesome and your cell phone won't even be able to be heard at speed without some sort of bluetooth set up. Just saying.
So, it's safe to say that you completely cover or disable that big display on your bike? 😉

The following users liked this post:
Rusty Dailey (05-01-2020)
Old 06-15-2018, 07:27 AM
VA_Larry
Road Captain
Received 123 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by MNRiding

Dave at DD Custom Cycles in Illinois made it. I searched all over the internet for a mount solution for my phone, to be able to see navigation and music playing on my phone. When I went from a street glide to a RK I didn’t want to give up some of the fairing features. I called Dave explained what I wanted and he came up with the design and fully manufactured it. Made the mount into the handlebar riser cap.

Here are are a few pictures he sent me as he was working on it

Wow, a craftsman for sure. What thoughts have you given to future phone size changes? This looks like it's custom molded for "today's" phone. That was an issue with some of the early iPod/iPhone mounts. As they evolved in size and switched from their 30-pin connector to the Lightning connector products became obsolete.

My 2004 Night Train has the tach on the handlebar clamp. I'm planning on doing the multifunction speed/tach on the tank and that space will be empty. I considered making a plate to replace the "tach bowl" on the clamp and then putting a mounting bracket like the Ram X or something. Not as custom looking as your solution but a quick solution. Maybe something in between. I just read another thread about something called "Kyvex" for making gun holsters. With the right skills that might be something for the device holder and then a mounting bracket.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:39 AM
VA_Larry
Road Captain
Received 123 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Hecklerboy
I use the Kuryakan Fairing Tech Mount.
Attaches to the fairing so it doesn't take up space on your handlebars.
I've used it for a couple years with no problems.
Hold my Samsung Galaxy S7 nicely.
I checked the website but couldn't tell what size the mounting ball is. Do you know? Interested if it's the same size as the Ram pieces.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:56 AM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Missouri Snowman
looking for a cell phone holder for my bike, what do you all use?
Inside pocket, turned off. Check for messages when I stop.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:26 AM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by diggerv
Wow... that would have been some real "rough stuff"... I'm surprised the rider was able to stay onboard and didn't crash.
It doesnt take that much to make a phone bounce out of a Ram Mount, which is why I got rid of mine. If it werent for my charging cable and my cat-like reflexes, I'd have had to buy at least three new phones because of them popping out of a Ram when I hit some not-so-terrible road defect on the freeway. I know use a dirt cheap mount with integrated rubber bands at all four corners and my phone stays put.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:40 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 893 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by VA_Larry
I checked the website but couldn't tell what size the mounting ball is. Do you know? Interested if it's the same size as the Ram pieces.
You're in luck, I just happened to of rode to work today.
The ball measures .646 inches in diameter.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:53 AM
Instigator_TX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ROKFORM for me. It locks in and has a magnet that holds it. You will need to buy the case and the mount. I dropped my I-phone from a lift 20' up and had no damage.
https://www.rokform.com/pages/motorcycle-mounts

Old 06-15-2018, 03:18 PM
larry gaddie
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

why do you want to look at a cell phone when you're out riding ?????????

Old 06-15-2018, 03:51 PM
KSRGU
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by larry gaddie
That's certainly a fair question, as is the point about lack of safety. I seldom have my phone anywhere but in my pocket or inside the faring compartment plugged in. When I do put it on the mount, it is in those rare times when we need to quickly plug in a route, or when the BOOM doesn’t really recognize where we want to go, and apps in the phone are easier and quicker, plus I can listen to the direction prompts through my headset.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:29 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by larry gaddie
Navigation, music, weather radar, FP3 status monitor. All work really nice in airplane mode so I don't get any calls or texts.

Quick Reply: cell phone holders for bikes