Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cell phone holders for bikes

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 06:10 PM
I'mYourMacDaddy
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been using the Roam mount which is similar to the Ram. So far, so good. I like it.

Sold on Amazon and even cheaper on eBay in different colors.

Roam Universal Premium Bike Phone Mount for Motorcycle Roam Universal Premium Bike Phone Mount for Motorcycle

Old 06-13-2018, 06:36 PM
ShovelEd
Club Member
Received 44,841 Likes on 11,570 Posts

Originally Posted by CWOFOR
I use the inside pocket of my jacket, after I shut the phone off. I figure there is enough people playing with their phones while driving in cars. Do we really need that while riding a motorcycle?
I use the Tour Pack.
Turn off the Techno-toys and Ride.

The following users liked this post:
Veekness (06-14-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 08:26 PM
Jrus
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got a ram mount and love it

Old 06-14-2018, 07:56 AM
VA_Larry
Road Captain
Received 123 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by MNRiding
I had a custom mount made for my Road King. I didn’t want a handlebar mount and wanted something clean and unique.
That looks amazing. Can you share any details on how your went about doing the custom mount? I'd love to do something like that on my bobber softail project.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:08 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 641 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by ShovelEd
I use the Tour Pack.
Turn off the Techno-toys and Ride.
Yowsa! Just like you say!

Old 06-14-2018, 09:44 AM
MNRiding
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by VA_Larry
That looks amazing. Can you share any details on how your went about doing the custom mount? I'd love to do something like that on my bobber softail project.
Dave at DD Custom Cycles in Illinois made it. I searched all over the internet for a mount solution for my phone, to be able to see navigation and music playing on my phone. When I went from a street glide to a RK I didn’t want to give up some of the fairing features. I called Dave explained what I wanted and he came up with the design and fully manufactured it. Made the mount into the handlebar riser cap.

Here are are a few pictures he sent me as he was working on it

The following users liked this post:
pdbuzz (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Rathgar
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll add my vote for the ram mount. I have clutch and break mounts on both my HD bikes. one for the phone and the other for drinks. Wish the cup holder was a better design.
I'm thinking of getting a couple of the ball mounts that bolt/screw down and bolting them between the spedo and tach on top. I think this would b\give a better center presentation when using the GPS function on the phone.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:46 PM
Kingface
Road Master
Received 178 Likes on 131 Posts

Ram Mount for me when on a long ride and feeling some music on the Road King......otherwise when I'm on the old FatBoy the phone is in the pocket. With that said.....if I ever wanted to put it on the Fatboy it would literally take less than 30 seconds to do so the flexibility is nice.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:41 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Missouri Snowman
looking for a cell phone holder for my bike, what do you all use?
Save your money and put it in a pocket. There is no purpose of having a handlebar mount cell phone holder. They are a safety hazard for bikers. My bike has bluetooth so i don't need a cell phone mount or do i need to even see my GPS on my 6.5 Boombox to navigate efficiently . Audio is awesome and your cell phone won't even be able to be heard at speed without some sort of bluetooth set up. Just saying.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:56 PM
pdbuzz
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

(Not looking to start a war...)

I did what Wildon suggested on a trip from Texas back home and just used the voice prompts from the nav, with my headset (wired) and it worked great, until the phone died. Apparently, running the GPS/Nav options sucks the battery down! After that, I opted for the RAM, so I could do a quick look at the directions and still have it plugged into the bike. Whatever works for you! Good points though on the 'distracted riding' thing.

Quick Reply: cell phone holders for bikes