Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cell phone holders for bikes

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 01:09 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by bailer

Lol, I have ridden with guys that always like to be the lead. It is ridiculous watching them trying to figure out if that is their turn, slowing down because they think that might be their exit, as I follow with my phone nav screen counting down to the corner, giving me instructions via my Bluetooth ear buds.

I put my signal light on well in advance so they can look in their mirror and “lead” me to our turn.

...and I’m definitely not the younger crowd, past 50, but realize how invaluable technogy can be. I run the gps app in safety mode so it is a simple interface requiring no input while moving.

Always easier to criticize than learn....
yep...53 here and do the same. Last year the “leader” slammed on his brakes as he was missing his turn......total chaos as we narrowly avoided everyone swerving to miss him

Old 07-03-2018, 01:27 PM
151fire
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Been using the Ciro mount for a few weeks now, absolutely love it!! Been out on some long highway rides at 80+ and it’s rock solid!! Great mount, highly recommend it!

Old 07-03-2018, 02:43 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 897 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson13
Absolutely no mount. I use a pocket or saddle bag.

I guess this is one reason the younger crowd are not riding motorcycles. They cannot text, stay on phone or play a game while driving.

All smart phones have done is dumb down the younger generation. They can barely function without their phones.

Steve Jobs was not a great human being. He did nothing more than burden us with monkey on our backs that we will never get off.
If there is a hell, I hope he burning there now or at least getting gang raped by the Manson clan.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:08 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Lots of these mounts are for regular sized bars. Mine are 1 1/2", so there are not many that will fit.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:17 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson13
Absolutely no mount. I use a pocket or saddle bag.

I guess this is one reason the younger crowd are not riding motorcycles. They cannot text, stay on phone or play a game while driving.

All smart phones have done is dumb down the younger generation. They can barely function without their phones.

Steve Jobs was not a great human being. He did nothing more than burden us with monkey on our backs that we will never get off.
If there is a hell, I hope he burning there now or at least getting gang raped by the Manson clan.
You sir are a ****tard.

Wiz 🤬

The following users liked this post:
Rusty Dailey (05-01-2020)
Old 08-04-2018, 09:38 PM
laz
Extreme HDF Member

Received 9,617 Likes on 3,437 Posts

Originally Posted by CWOFOR
I use the inside pocket of my jacket, after I shut the phone off. I figure there is enough people playing with their phones while driving in cars. Do we really need that while riding a motorcycle?
I use my phone as my GPS. I neither take nor make calls while riding, no texting or surfing. The Ram mount has been perfect for me.

Old 08-05-2018, 01:31 PM
stroker87
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

i have a ram mount installed position so i can keep my hand somewhat on the handle bar and access the phone

the main reason its important to me to have the phone accessible easily is my wife she worries and if she calls i have text pre-made "im good call you when i stop" that with my thumb while still holding the handlebar i can send to her puts her at ease, also if i did get a text (from my wife or kids) when im at a light i can read it quickly, now keep in mind im not a youngster (45) im not keeping in contact with my friends about the fancy sneakers that came out! its simply to have communications if (god forbid) something bad happens and they need to contact me, if my phone was in my bag or pocket i'd be pulling over to check it every time i got a text or call. i kinda got trained having a sick father (R.I.P) continuation is important, now with all that said my family knows when im out riding if its not important just leave me be i call my wife when i stop here and there to check in so she dont call me all that much really and non family calls dont even get a response they go to voicemail

other reasons are for gps, i play music from my phone 95% of the time if im using my phone its when im stopped the other 5% is in really laid back riding conditions (rare)

Last edited by stroker87; 08-05-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:31 PM
BlkDragon
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I never text or answer calls when I ride, wife knows I will call her when I get to destination. I don't listen to music using my phone, I use my phone for GoPro and speed traps/cameras. I use my Garmin for GPS, much bigger screen so I can see better without my glasses which I don't wear when I ride.

I love to ride so I don't worry about playing with any of the gadgets, I still don't have a good video recording of any rides using my GoPro as I don't remember to turn it on or whatever reason.....ROFL...….I get so excited to ride my bike I tend to forget everything...…..main thing I use my phone is for speed trap/camera's detecting.....

Old 08-05-2018, 08:12 PM
one chance
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Put it in the your saddlebag, tour pak, side pouch, tank bag, etc! Enjoy the ride, get lost! You'll find some of the best places that way!!

Old 08-10-2018, 08:33 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Hecklerboy
I use the Kuryakan Fairing Tech Mount.
Attaches to the fairing so it doesn't take up space on your handlebars.
I've used it for a couple years with no problems.
Hold my Samsung Galaxy S7 nicely.

I had this one for about 1.5 years, but haven't used it. I found that when installed, it pushed the fairing out a decent amount and left gap between the outer fairing & inner. It bothered the crap out of me. I tried to fill it in with some foam, but just gave up fiddling with it for the time being. How bad is the gap on your bike?

Quick Reply: cell phone holders for bikes