Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grips

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Sreynold1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Grips

Thanks for all the comments...What the hell..I think I'll try it. What's the worst that happens, I have to have my wife fix my screw up, like she always does.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:14 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: TxMoores

solo,
do you ever have any problems with the ISO's loosing some grip when it is raining fairly hard? mine had some on when I got the bike and I don't know if someone used ky jelly on those things or what, but even with gloves when it was raining it was a b!tch. I changed mine out to some fat cushion grips.

Tx,

Geeshzz, you know, I had to think about this for awhile and I can honestly say that in the 15,000 miles I drove the two bikes that had these grips, I only remember being caught in the rain a couple of times. I don't believe it was a problem and what I did like was the way the rubber holds your hand away just enough to allow for a little ventilation on really hot days. Maybe that's the answer...they keep your hands drier when it's sweat water and wetter when it's rain water.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:30 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aren't the new Harley grips supposed to be 'glueless'? I have the Stealth style now and am thinking about changing.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:43 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

Will,
Not sure...I know that there a few styles from the MOCO that are but I can't speak for all of the styles.

Old 10-20-2005, 10:42 PM
TxMoores
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Solo, well that's the way my luck runs... I kinda felt like the Morton Salt Girl on the way up to and the way back from Sturgis....
I can't tell you how many hundreds of miles I rode in the rain, but as I have done it so many times in the last 30+ years I guess I am used to it... Wasn't it Dirty Harry that said 'A man's gotta know his limits'....? A little more spacing, a little slower, a little less throttle and brakes, etc., etc...

Old 10-21-2005, 12:20 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TxMoores

Solo, well that's the way my luck runs... I kinda felt like the Morton Salt Girl on the way up to and the way back from Sturgis....
I can't tell you how many hundreds of miles I rode in the rain, but as I have done it so many times in the last 30+ years I guess I am used to it... Wasn't it Dirty Harry that said 'A man's gotta know his limits'....? A little more spacing, a little slower, a little less throttle and brakes, etc., etc...

Yeah, that was Dirty Harry...good movie quote.

Believe it or not, I did 5200 miles last year on a trip to the Southwest, was gone for 13 days, saw parts of 12 states...had 20 minutes of rain! I was in Northern New Mexico and about 5 minutes into the storm I was able to zip into a Sonic Drive-In and wait out the remainder of the cloudburst. Had a fancy new rain suit bungeed to the back of the seat and never used it. [&:]

Gotta tell ya, picturing you on that red and flamed bike with a big ol' yellow rainsuit is a pretty funny visual.