Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eBay Integrated LED brake light and security fuse.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 04:29 PM
Tk925
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay Integrated LED brake light and security fuse.

Seems like an alright product. No directions included in the one I purchased. So here’s an install review

First. Remove oem brake light/tail light and rear signals.
Second either install pins onto new integrated part you are installing or do what I did and cut oem lights free from existing clips leaving 3-6 inches of wire for soldering pigtails and new unit together with the oem clips. That way it stays plug and play with all existing clips harnesses etc.

Third- make sure you remove your run/brake/turn relay/switch/module I’m not 100% sure what it’s really called. But if you have it. It will be plugged in between the rear light harness and the harness that powers everything probably within 6-10” of where the rear lighting harness comes through the rear fender just behind the splash guard/battery area. Look it up you’ll understand.
This will ensure that your amber signal lights are not always on with the tail lights and when you press on the brakes.

Fourth you’re going to want to install a load equalizer (1) or a resistor for each signal (2 resistors total). This is for the hyper flash. Install any of these items before any control modules in the line. I have not done this yet but I will.
On a side note. Mock everything up and test it before you start cutting and soldering anything. Just use some pieces of wire connect your new light to them and test them on the battery terminal. If you test everything you’ll know if you have the run/brake/turn relay I was talking about bc when you connect your blinkers and either the tail light or the brake light. The blinkers will also be illuminated without pressing the blinker button. Test everything. Then install and enjoy. I hope this helps everyone. Good luck.

Oh yeah. And if your brake lights and tail light work but not your blinkers. Check your security fuse. It’s part of the turn circuit. Also check the accessory fuse. I will update with photos and videos once I figure out how to do that.

Last edited by Tk925; 05-17-2018 at 06:52 PM.