Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GPS center mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018 | 09:39 PM
VA_Larry
Road Captain

I have the TnT mount on my 2015 FLHTK and have my Garmin Zumo 590 mounted on it. I have the HD 3 pouch Rushmore bag unit as well. The center bag is pinched a bit but not enough to make it unusable. I actually think it may have the stability some.

The TnT mount lays across the fairing and is pinched in place with the center windshield tool. They also include 3M tape to put under the mount on top of the dash to keep the front from bouncing. My GPS does vibrate a little when stopped but smooths out when rolling.

Since the HD Boom maps are now a few years old I'm starting to find more and more roads it does not know about. Where the Garmin has lifetime map updates. When touring I use a combination of the Garmin and the Boom to double check my route.

Old 05-17-2018 | 03:26 AM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Meist21
Goose......................so was the center mount you received with the bags they make or did you buy just the center mount and add it to bags you already have? I really don't care if the center bag is pushed in a little. Also are the bags t&t makes Velcro close or magnetic or what? Just curious. I am going to call a buddy and see if we can make something. We'll let you know how that turns out. If the mount is secure with the center windshield bolt and then secured on the bottom with like industrial Velcro I would think vibration will be kept to a minimum. I plan on putting some type of protection on the top of my inner fairing under the bags like I have now (just a 3M type of film) to protect the paint from scratching. Its a great idea and place to put a mount. I can't believe to my knowledge only a couple places (T&T and Iron aces) offer a solution. I'll probably end up getting a different GPS unit as well. Probably bite the bullet and go Zumo. I'll see if I can get this thing mounted first however. Thanks for all the feedback too this is great!!!!!
I had the Harley three pouch dash before I bought the mount. Mine is magnetic closures. Riding glasses in the middle. Redhots in the right pouch. Garage opener in left, for now.