Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excellent HD Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Excellent HD Service

I've read a lot of posts lately about so so dealers, some being more stealer than dealer, and thought I'd post about one of my local dealers who does a damn good job.

If you're ever passing through the KC area and need service, stop by Central HD in Shawnee, KS located off K-10 and Shawnee Mission Parkway and ask for Max. He's the service manager and he will do you right.

I recently had to get my bike towed to Central HD to see if they could find an electrical problem with my bike. Ultimately, they couldn't find anything major wrong, but they worked on it several days. I figure between riding the bike, running the diagnostics, and working on it they put in at least 8 hours.

When Max (and Matt, one of their mechanics) admitted they had done all they could and I might as well pick up the bike, Max said there would be NO CHARGE. Now I'm all about saving money, but damn, I want to be fair too. I tried to get Max to add something for his time and he said just bring the bike back sometime if I ever need anything done! I did finally get him to add 1/2 hour, but he wouldn't add any more. And I know they did work on the bike -- added star washers and other little things to try to improve my electrical system plus ran the diagnostics to check error codes. May have fixed my problem, but we won't know until it happens again (or doesn't happen again).

Anyway, thought I'd put in a good plug for Max and Matt at Central HD in Shawnee, KS. They provided me with excellent customer service, and I didn't buy my bike there. [sm=signs007.gif]

Jim

Old 06-23-2007, 11:44 PM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Excellent HD Service

I'll nominate Annapolis HD in Maryland for outstanding service. They run a fantastic service center. They have a 2 to 3 week wait for scheduling service. Yet when I showed up yesterday at 1/2 hour to closing time with an exhaust vibration, they took it in and replaced a nut that had fallen off and sent me on my way within 8 minutes! They realized that even though I didn't have an appointment, it would only take a couple of minutes to fix. That's using common sense and having class.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Are these two the only good dealers out there?

Old 06-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

You know, we read a lot about the 'stealers' and bad service out there, but I gotta admit, I've been very impressed with my local HD dealership, Jones Harley Davidson in Little Rock. Their prices aren't exactly a bargain, but I knew that about HD stuff when I got into this, but I've been impressed with their customer service when I walk in the store and I was impressed with the service team the two times I had it in for routine service. I get the impression this dealership wants the Harley experiance to be several notches above my Suzuki experiance, which they've definitely succeeded.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:12 PM
ballgeier
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

H-D of Cincinnati(Ohio) has been proving themselves lately since the new owner took over. I had heard horrible stories about them when the previous owners still had it, so I was expecting the worst when I went to trade in the old sporty for my 06 E-Glide. Long story short, I was very pleased with the experience, no pressure and no BS.
Also, about a month ago the stereo went out on my bike. I stopped in, with no appointment on the first nice weekend of the year. They were absolutly slammed. But Karl, the service manger, stopped what he was doing and tried everything he could to get the radio working. Finally, he decided that it needed a new radio and he ordered it that same day. He was also apologetic for it taking so long, and I reminded him that I was the one who should be apologizing for not having an appointment. There are tons of bad experiences out there, but the good ones should be heard as well. I sent H-D of Cincinnati an email giving Karl a Kudos, hopefully they passed on to him.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:24 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior

Any time I ever need anything looked at or have a question both area dealers in my area will pull the bike in right away and take care of it for me , never had a problem.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:45 PM
jockdawg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's Roanoke springs of NC that helped me out. Was coming out of DC at 0300 in the morn. and ran over something big enough to knock out my light behind my fuel gauge. Pulled into there place later on that morning and they fixed it right then and there no charge. Then they told me my torque smoothing calibration had not been done and took care of that there too. Very nice people and called later on that week to ask how everything was.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are these two the only good dealers out there?
https://www.hdforums.com/m_231947/tm.htm