Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washing your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 07:21 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,114 Likes on 2,797 Posts

This is the wife's car after a wash down this weekend. It's a 2016 with about 50k on it. I polished it and got about 90% of the scratches out of it, but was scared to cut factory paint enough to get the others out.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:55 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,219 Likes on 806 Posts

No reason to chase some of the deeper RIDS on a daily driver. You still going to coat it?

Old 05-08-2018, 08:48 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
No reason to chase some of the deeper RIDS on a daily driver. You still going to coat it?
I plan to. I took a bike trip/vacation right after coating the bike and I'm buying headers from a forum member here for the Street Glide. Going to take a couple weeks to get my money right again, but it will happen in the next month, or so. Got to love the clean car sitting on the driveway that's dirty as f. I couldn't bring myself to hit it with the blower, lol.

Last edited by FNGonaRK; 05-08-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:54 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

I hear you. The dam pollen now is insane, again. Got a email from detailed image, CarPro is 20% off. Be ready for the fathers day sales, they are usually good along with memorial day.

The following users liked this post:
FNGonaRK (05-08-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 10:38 AM
HotRodNut
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Here is a review from autopia. Pros and semi pros over on this site for the most part.
https://www.autopia.org/forums/auto-...mborghini.html
Seems only people that hasn't used his product say negative things, anybody and everybody that I know "use" it, loves it!

Old 05-09-2018, 11:47 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by HotRodNut
Seems only people that hasn't used his product say negative things, anybody and everybody that I know "use" it, loves it!
The only negative I was picking up on in that thread was the price. Seems they were just advising people there were products that are just as good, or better and cheaper. I didn't see anything bagging on the product itself.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:53 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by HotRodNut
Post 12 kind of puts the whole deal in perspective. Selling someone else clay block. Cheap lightweight towels for that price? NO!
Your money buy what you want. Just trying to show that there are products out there that come from manufactures with a great reputation. They are cheaper than this stuff. Try out Wolfgang uber. If you don't like it Ill buy it from you. I can always use more of it

Old 05-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Deleted

Old 05-10-2018, 07:50 AM
HotRodNut
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
The only negative I was picking up on in that thread was the price. Seems they were just advising people there were products that are just as good, or better and cheaper. I didn't see anything bagging on the product itself.
I wasn't speaking of negatives here on this thread, I was speaking of the ones on the review from Autopia.
Just to mention a few comments from the article.
hyped up waterless wash that makes some ridiculous claims”
There is no way this product cannot replace claying and polishing”
“There`s no way I`d use something like this on my Lamborghini for fear of scratching the paint.”
“At least YOU know better, and practice better techniques.”
“Agreed, there are very few revolutionary products out. That is definitely not one of them.”
“I don`t think I would risk an unknown.”

Sorry guys if any of you thought I was directing my comment towards you.
Marty

The following users liked this post:
FNGonaRK (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 08:05 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

No offense taken.
Back to the point, The only things Im not sure about is the using it on a lamb, the guys techniques.
There are no "Secret" products out there. If this stuff was better than what is out there detailers would use it, plain and simple. The people these types of companies try to get to is the DIY guy. The guy that thinks he is saving money by buying this and it will be just like getting his vehicle detailed.
If this product was all its claimed to be a lot of detailers would be using it to save time and money. But obviously their claims are far fetched.

Quick Reply: Washing your bike?