Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aerostich

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 09:36 AM
Drtumolo
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Aerostich

Does anyone here use Aerostich? I know the BMW and goldwing guys love this gear but dont see many harley guys mention it.

The following users liked this post:
tonyd2017 (10-12-2019)
Old 04-30-2018, 09:43 AM
Adk.IBO
Cruiser
Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

Works good for me. Got mine used and had them do a couple of alterations. I wanted one since my BMW days (2000 and before). I've had it 5-6 years, used mostly on my Moto Guzzi. I like it on my Roadster being as how I only have a small Windshield. Keeps the weather at bay just fine.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:58 AM
KDF72
Cruiser
Received 152 Likes on 63 Posts

I've used a Darien Jacket for 7-8 years. It's a great 3 season jacket but a bit warm for summer here in northern Arizona.

Just got an R-3 Light Tactical one piece suit to use during monsoon season.

All of Aerostitch stuff is first class high quality. Their jackets and suits look dorky no matter what you ride so the stylish guys avoid them.

Fortunately I'm neither cool or stylish and prefer good gear that lasts.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:59 AM
rhuff
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,119 Likes on 732 Posts

I haven't used it, but I've been to their main store in Duluth. On my short list of gear. I was just looking at their stuff again last week.

Those that I've meet that have it, love it.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:09 PM
Drtumolo
Road Captain

I am thinking about their AD1 pants. I plan to go to their event in NJ this sunday to check them out.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:22 PM
brian4.2
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I use the Aerostich gear. Darien Jacket and AD1 pants. Works great up to around 70 degrees.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:54 PM
Cogswell
Road Captain
Received 262 Likes on 127 Posts

I have a two piece suit I bought in 96, not quite as water proof as it was originally but it fits good and I feel well protected in it. I have actually thought about buying a new one recently, mine is a bit faded on the back and some of the reflective material is starting of flake off. Expensive yes, but I have just had the one piece of gear for 20+ years.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:44 PM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Aero stitch is good. But really...any Gore-Tex will work well when it comes to waterproofness and breathability. I like 2 pieces because it’s so much more versatile. Aerostich uses a heavier fabric which is great for adventure riding and abrasion resistance. Personally for cruising on the road I find HDs goretex to be designed well and more Saddlebag friendly. If cost were not an issue I would be looking at aerostitch darian jacket and pants 2 piece. It’s heavy duty and you can put armor in it. But it is not really multi purpose. It’s built for riding and probably wouldnt lend itself to other activities well, but when you have them sized to wear over your leathers then of course they are going to be dedicated to riding. I wear the HD stuff over my leathers. They roll up real small for the saddlebags. They offer more than enough protection from the elements (I live in Seattle and have about 8 different sets of rain gear each made for different activities ranging from climbing Mt Rainer, to snowboarding, ultralight backpacking, fly fishing, saltwater sea fishing, and working outdoors. With all these things comes a different desire for waterproofness and breathability requirements, fit, and features). Last year I used my snowboard pants (Goretex) whole riding and melted my right lower leg. The HD stuff (or any good riding rain gear) has melt resistant fabrics on the lower legs so your pants don’t melt. Unless your wearing them 100% of the time like the BMW guys are...your going to want rain gear that is very packable and can be put on over your other gear and boots easily. The one piece Stitch is not packable nor easy to get on over other gear. Stay away from anything that is not a waterproof breathable membrane.

that said..,the guys who actually own Stitch might beg to differ with my opinion...Just keep in mind...I am actually FROM Duluth!

Last edited by SnoRider; 04-30-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:58 AM
Drtumolo
Road Captain

SnoRider, it sounds like you feel the Aerostich is just rain gear and not riding gear. I plan to wear this as my main riding gear.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:22 AM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Sorry dude..I assumed you were asking about using it as just rain gear. I suppose because of the attire we HD guys typically wear, and out here in Seattle I know a couple guys that wear old Aerostitch over top of their other stuff just to keep water at bay. I guess the best answer depends on what riding you do. Is it worth wearing 100% waterproof gear 100% of the time given the amount of rain and conditions you ride in.....

basically what I was saying is that it makes great full time riding gear for riding when conditions warrent. It makes not so great part time rain gear...for the conditions most of us are riding in.

Last edited by SnoRider; 05-01-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Aerostich