Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Ultra SERT Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:56 PM
onionfmr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Ultra SERT Help

Looking for some help. Didn't find anything specific, when searching archives. Here's what I have.[/align]2007 Ultra, stock except for the following:[/align]SE A/C 29440-99D[/align]SE One Piece Mufflers 80491-07[/align]SERT 32107-01G[/align]SERT Map 159PZ004-A1.MT6[/align][/align]Installed these parts the other day. Getting a decel pop on moderate and harddeceleration. Also, feels like I've lost some low end torque. Bike runs a lot cooler and RPMs climb a lot easier/quicker. Still not getting theacceleration that I expected and dealer described. Haven't had much luck with local HD dealership in the past regardinganything!Trying to save some aggravation and $. Next closest dyno is about 1 1/2 hours away.Maxed out the CLB table and tried a couple of other tests by varying AFRs. Changed the way the engine ran, but didn't lose the decel pops. Looking for some help and some ideas as to what parameters to change in the map. Anyonerunning this setup? What sert map are you running? Can the decel pops be tuned out w/o major reduction in performance,MPG or both?Thanks in advance for any and all help - Ted.[/align][/align]

Old 06-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Ultra SERT Help

First step... STOP MESSING WITH THE AFR TABLE!!!!!!!!!!

You do not tune by modding that particular table... The VE tables are whatget mod'd for tuning purposes....

Save yourself some headaches, reinstall the base map with Maxed out CLB table, send it and drive it around in DATA MODE W/o2 Data....

Look at your corrected "New" VE's... That is where you need to be looking....

Old 06-22-2007, 10:35 PM
onionfmr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2007 Ultra SERT Help

SB - thanks for the information and yourhelp. I've read thru the manual a couple of times and am just trying to figure this out and understand how it works.

I guess I would best describe the engine as running sluggish with the aforementioned mapand theCLB table maxed out.

So, from the data capture mode, I'm going to get new VEs.Are they generated as part of the Adaptive Fuel function in the ECM? So,what do I do with these new VEs? How do I use these new values to modify the values in the VE tables?

Is it possible with the components that I am using to tune out the decel popping?

By adjusting the VE tables, based on the new acquired VE data, will that improve engine performance and efficiency?

Thanks for your help - Ted.