Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago HD shipping delays?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:28 PM
dionne51
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago HD shipping delays?

Anyone else out there have any gripes regarding really long delays in receiving parts that were out of stock at time of order? I have placed 4 orders and have been waiting nearly a month on 3 of my 4 orders to receive goods. In stock item was received in a little over a week so no issues there.
Just wondering if I just got unlucky with all of my orders of if this happens more often than it should with this supplier?

Also had zero response to a couple of emails asking for expected shipping dates.

D

Old 06-22-2007, 07:33 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Chicago HD shipping delays?

I buy from them allot (ordered cruise control this am.) I always receive e-mails when items are backordered (which sometimes happens.) I never order from them or Zanotti's if I'm in a hurry. Pre-planning saves 20%. Worth it to me

Old 06-22-2007, 07:55 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I also buy from them often,,,, I ONLY deal with Sue in internet sales and Always on the phone - not saying other sales people are better or worse - just that I have developed a "relationship" with her and when I call, she nows who I am and so far, has always taken very good care of me... Ya, sometimes things happen, but over the long haul - They have been great...

Old 06-22-2007, 08:31 PM
DrLove907
Cruiser

My experience is if you are in dire need of a part it would be better to go somewhere else. I've spent about $1k so far this year with them and most ofmy bulk orders were back ordered. Could have been 1 part holding the shipments back, took between 1 and 2 weeks (In Illinois).
You know it's likeChristmas when we order something for our scoots, if impatience set in just think about the money you are saving for waiting.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

You gents need to give Hale's HD in Mansfield, OH a try! Of all the dealers offering 20% discount, they are the fastest shipper with the most reasonable shipping/handling charges! I've ordered thousands of dollars from them in the past three years. Most of the backorder items were received no more than a week. Plus, they don't charge for partial shipping. They'll ship what they have right away (2-3 days.) Then, often times, the rest follows a few days later.

I found Zanotti to charge more shipping fee, but discount about 22% on most items.

ORIGINAL: dionne51

Anyone else out there have any gripes regarding really long delays in receiving parts that were out of stock at time of order? I have placed 4 orders and have been waiting nearly a month on 3 of my 4 orders to receive goods. In stock item was received in a little over a week so no issues there.
Just wondering if I just got unlucky with all of my orders of if this happens more often than it should with this supplier?

Also had zero response to a couple of emails asking for expected shipping dates.

D

Old 06-22-2007, 09:25 PM
bvette94
Tourer

I had a bad experience with chicago harley davidson. No return emails no email stating that the part was on back order etc. I even went as far as disputing the charges on my cc because i canceled the order and they wouldnt reverse the charges. I will never use them again. I have used zanotis and have been pretty pleased with them and their customer service dept.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:37 PM
valleyrider
Cruiser

I use Zanotti's on all my HD internet orders and they have been great. Any item they do not have in stock and have to backorder usually arrives in 3-4 days then they ship it right away.

Also send lots of emails to let you know exactly what the stauts of your order is. Yes sometimes their shipping charges are a little high but they seem to have the best discounted prices.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:04 PM
dionne51
Road Captain

Well, my order status for all parts went from 'All parts ordered' to 'Special ordered' this evening, not sure what the hell that means. Glad all my parts aren't needed immediately, although I likely wouldn't have ordered that online anyway. I agree aboutthe Christmas comment, I just want my stuff after 4 weeks of waiting (cleared my credit card within 24 hours).

Thanks for all the replies guys

Old 06-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Skeet
Novice

It took me a over amonth to receive a slant cooler bag from them. In fact it just came today. I placed the order and two days later the status on the web site said it was shipping. Sent an email on Monday asking where my order was since it had been a month in shipping status. Still have not received a response yet, although they did finally ship my order on Wednesday per the packing slip. Not very impressed with them so far and will more than likely stick with Zanotti's from now on.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:54 AM
dmlong
Tourer

Waited a month for a FXRG jacket,only took them a day to charge my card though..

Quick Reply: Chicago HD shipping delays?