Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago HD shipping delays?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:24 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts
Default RE: Chicago HD shipping delays?

Been there thanx

Old 06-23-2007, 10:51 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Never have had a problem with Chicago HD...but then again, I do NOT internet order stuff I need quickly.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Cache
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a few times from Chicago HD. Each time the wait was over a month and some change.

Very disappointed! I had to call them each time and inquiry. Only then do they say, oh it's right here, not sure what the hold up was. No wait in charging the CC though!

I guess if I hadn't called, I'd still be waiting. I know they get busy, but they seem not able to handle everything! Not sure if the admin skills are lacking or what.

Someone needs to take charge and do a better job!

[:@]

Old 06-24-2007, 11:15 AM
berettag
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I gave up on my last order. They never answered my many e-Mails to ask status, or when I canceled. I contested the charge on my credit card (they had no problem charging me quick) weeks after I canceled my order. It still took a week or two for them to issue a credit to me. I understand parts get back ordered, but a lack of communication has now caused a lack of business with me.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:37 PM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, too, had a bad experience with Chicago HD internet sales. I waited almost one month for a freaking clutch cable clamp. I canceled the order and was not promptly refunded. The refund took almost 2 weeks to complete.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:26 AM
runnwild1
Advanced

On 6-14-07 I ordered, unfortunately, about 11 items for my 86 FLHT and site shows order on 6-14 and 6-15 showed there were out of stock items waiting. yesterday I sent an email requesting a response as to what parts are holding up my order. Some of my order is a chrome primary and timing cover plus misc. parts such as inspection covers, air pump for suspension, braided oil and fuel lines. problem is I need the timing cover due to fact I purchased an Andrews EV=27 cam locally and want the new cover on. Only after I talked to my buddy that turned me on to them only to find out he always orders by phone( that way he knows whether it's in stock or not). To be honest the best people I've ordered from so far is JP Cycles. Ira Blair in their tech dept was on the phone with me for an hour making sure everything was right for my bike...Chicago doesn't even want you to call them...e-mail only pls. But I will be calling tomorrow and I'm going to cancel everything not in and if they won't work with me i'll cancel it all.. Looks like i won't be riding to the event at Newport on the levy this weekend...bastards!! AAAAAAGH!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 12:31 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

ORDERED A SM FOR 2003 SPORTY 3 MONTHS AGO! STILL WAITING[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 06-25-2007, 01:35 PM
runnwild1
Advanced

Called internet Sales today and the small chrome piece I ordered, a chrome HD Bar-Shield front fender accent piece (bottom rear) is supposedly whatr they're waiting on. he said they would ship what they have and send that later. I told him I needed what's in before friday. Told him I'd pay difference for two day shipping. Said he would process for delivery. If I don't see any progress by tomorrow night I'll call back and cancel the order. I've got all my part numbers ready with JP Cycles just in case. Let's see what happens

Old 06-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I called Hale's today to order a couple of small parts and the guy I spoke with was great. He apologized because one of the parts he has to order, but should have it in a couple of days. He also told me that the 20% discount applies to both Kuryakn and anything out of Drag Specialties.

Thanks, Kahuna!

Old 06-25-2007, 02:24 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have tried to use them a couple of times. They just take to long.

Quick Reply: Chicago HD shipping delays?