Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bang for your buck

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 04:30 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bang for your buck

Which is a better bang for your buck the street glide, road glide or ultra classic

Old 10-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Danester
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bang for your buck

Ultra (at MSRP)....you get all the crap on it that you'll most likely spend money on (or dream about getting) later...just my .02 since you asked!

Old 10-18-2005, 04:55 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess depends on what your looking for.

Obviously the Ultra Classic has more. I considered the classic, but didn't want a full dresser and think the RG is ugly..So the SG was the choice for me.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends on what you want to spend a You'll be using the bike for.I would go with the Ultra but there's a Lotta difference in the price of the 3 bikes you mentioned.I went with the Classic because for the money it was the best deal plus I had no use for the lower fairings or the CB and I don't like paying for things I'm not going to use.I guess it all comes down to personal preference.I never considered the Road Glide due to the fact I didn't know if I could get used to the fixed fairing but I like the way they look.The Street Glide was not out when I bought mine but I would have gone with the Classic anyway for the tour pack.Just my .02 cents.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:19 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ultra hands down. CB, cruise, intercom (for the SO), CD,...has it all.

The lowers? I ran in 110 heat and had no prob with them on...and they sure stop road spray in rain or puddles. PLus, the glove boxes are handy for stashing smokes, CDs, gloves, doo rags, condoms (just to see if you;re payin' attention on that last one!).

The goodies ya get more than comp. for the grand or so more.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:47 PM
bonzo2
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went with the 06 Ultra. Was looking at the calssic but they wanted $900 for cruise and then u get the rear speakers on the Ultra, just made more sense to me. Went from an 03 fatboy and just had to have cruise.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I rented an Ultra and a Road Glide. The Street Glide was not available to rent when I was deciding. After riding both bikes for a period of 4 days each of two up and one up riding the Road Glide won hands down in long distance comfort and handling.

Old 10-18-2005, 09:01 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Value wise the Ultra is the best bang for the buck. You can strip it to a Street Glide a lot cheaper than you can take the Street Glide to an Ultra and you have the best of all worlds.

If you don't want a CB radio, or lower fairings, then the Classic would be a good choice. That is the route I went, and then stripped to a Street Glide. I did not want a CB, and since I rode solo I didn't need the rear speakers or intercom. I wouldn't have minded having the cruise control and lower fairing though.

As Tripper said, the Road Glide is also a good choice. I don't like the frame mounted fairing as well as the batwings, but that is just a personal thing.

Regards,

Bill

Old 10-19-2005, 12:18 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

thats a hard one, what the falk, get one of each!!

Old 10-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Rent one of each and YOU decide which one gives YOU your best bang for yer buck. Usually the stealer will give you at least one rental free if you buy from him.

Quick Reply: Bang for your buck