Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaving for Colorado next Friday

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007 | 11:56 AM
Mongo40
|
Tourer
Default Leaving for Colorado next Friday

Posted this over in the roadtrips section but not getting many replies, either not many read it or this ole infantryman is to butt ugly but thats ok, I'll try it here.

Hello all, I'm leaving for a little trip for a few days from St. Louis to Colorado on the 30th of this month, Plan on leaving really early in the morning heading down I 70 to Topeka, Ks then drop down to hwy 50over to Pueblo, I plan on spending the first night in a campground north of Salida, Co.then riding around souther colorado camping an fishing for a few daysandhead back home, If anyone lives along the route I'm planning on taking and wouldn't mind shooting me an email with your number an address in case I run into some trouble that I can't fix myself, I'd really appreciate it, would be for my family an my piece of mind knowing that if I had a problem and needed help there is someone close by I could call. Or if you just want to meet up and have a cold drink or wet a flyline with me then thats coolto. I promise I'm not to crazy, I'm going on 19 years active army and I'm not an axe murder or anything, like my Jack and a good cigar an looking at eyecandy, but who doesn't. My email is; softailrider88@yahoo.com
[/align]if you email me we can swap phone numbers and such. Take care.
[/align]Chris

Old 06-22-2007 | 01:06 PM
otcauctions
Intermediate
Default RE: Leaving for Colorado next Friday

Welcome to colorado and have a great time. I am in Northern Colorado, so a little away from where you are going, but if you decide to head north, let me know. Would be happy to hook up and show you a few nice rides up here.

Old 06-22-2007 | 02:16 PM
Mongo40
|
Tourer

Thanks otcautions, I spent the last 4 summers running around up in the northern part mainly camping and fishing along the Poudre river in the canyon, wanted to try a different area so staying down south this year, but you never know where I might end up. Later
Chris

Old 06-22-2007 | 02:41 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Yo Mongo,

I live in Pueblo and will send you a PM with my cell phone. I'll just be getting home from the HDF SW ride on the 29th so I doubt I'll be doing any riding that weekend (gotta spend some time with the Mrs.). You ride safe and have a good time.

BTW, the water is finally clearing up on the Arkansas River and fly fishing ought to be good. Give the good people at Royal Gorge Anglers in Canon City a call for the latest on what flies are working. Ark Anglers in Salida will also be a valuable source of information and they do 1/2 day guided floats.

Again, ride safe and have fun.

Whiskers

Old 06-22-2007 | 02:58 PM
cowboyglide
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mongo40

Posted this over in the roadtrips section but not getting many replies, either not many read it or this ole infantryman is to butt ugly but thats ok, I'll try it here.

Hello all, I'm leaving for a little trip for a few days from St. Louis to Colorado on the 30th of this month, Plan on leaving really early in the morning heading down I 70 to Topeka, Ks then drop down to hwy 50over to Pueblo, I plan on spending the first night in a campground north of Salida, Co.then riding around souther colorado camping an fishing for a few daysandhead back home, If anyone lives along the route I'm planning on taking and wouldn't mind shooting me an email with your number an address in case I run into some trouble that I can't fix myself, I'd really appreciate it, would be for my family an my piece of mind knowing that if I had a problem and needed help there is someone close by I could call. Or if you just want to meet up and have a cold drink or wet a flyline with me then thats coolto. I promise I'm not to crazy, I'm going on 19 years active army and I'm not an axe murder or anything, like my Jack and a good cigar an looking at eyecandy, but who doesn't. My email is; softailrider88@yahoo.com
[/align]if you email me we can swap phone numbers and such. Take care.
[/align]Chris
Half way beteen KC and Topeka on I-70 is Lawrence KS. If you take the first Lawrence exit you come to which is the east exit, go through the toll both to the stop light and take a left for about an 1/8 of a mile there will be a custom bike shop called Combs CustomCycle on your right and if you go one more block there'sRiver Front HD on your left.

If you are hungry or thirsty there's a real nice biker bar and grill called the Slow Ride. Goright instead of left at the stop light for about 1/8 of a mile. Slow Ride will be on your right. You can't miss it.