Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thundermax or DTT??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Thundermax or DTT??

I'm still playing with mine

Had everything where there were no pings, ran like a raped ape, but just not satisfied with 41mpg, so I just leaned out the fuel in the 2000 - 3000 range at 22.5 and less TPS, and backed the timing off a couple of degrrees. Went for a 270 mile ride yesterday and now am getting 44 mpg , two up and all country roads and again, great throttle response and no pinging. This is the advantage of the DTT, being able to do this these types of changes. I am sure most would not continue to play with their system the way I do, but I am learning more and more. Smoothed out the cylinder trim tables, smoothed the apha-N table and changed the fuel adder a bit for better start up and warm up. Yes. it was darn good before but you can do all these to get it right where it should be.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:54 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Price wise they are about the same, features wise seems to go for the DTT, user-friendly seems to go to the Thundermax.

Not sure which way I'm going to go.......still researching and reading.

Steve

Old 06-26-2007, 03:31 PM
woodreaux
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

TMAX may not be to bad IF your build matches the Zippers map 100% or you live near a TMAX tuner. I live in Houston and pinging is a concern. I tour cross country and gas quality is a concern

I own a 06 EGC. I installed the 95 BB, 204 cams, ported heads and decked to 9.5CR. Installed Fatcats with quiet baffle. Installed a PCIII with custom map. Bike ran rich and had decel pop.

I bought a TMAX unit and Zippers installed the base map. The bike ran rich and had decel pop. After making adjustments to the AFR tables the bike ran a bit better but was still rich and had decel pop.

I called Zipppers and was told the map and build did not match and this probably was the cause due to Facats not being in the map library. I learned they had Thunderheaders but not Fatcats with quiet baffles. At this point I became less interested in TMAX.

I removed and replaced the Fatcats with the 07 HD 50 state legal slip ons for dressers. Had a long discussion with the tuner. Picked up some Hp and Tq and now makes 100 HP/TQ. Good mileage and no decel pop.

PhilM installed a headquarters build about this time last year with the DTT and has good success with the DTT. I was going to do the HQ build and when PhilM reported he had done the HQ build I decided to wait to see how the HQ higher compression build would like Texas heat. It looks like the DTT has done well.

Knowing what I know now I would get the DTT if you.

Knowing what I know now I will get a DTT when I do the HQ build in Jan or Feb.
I have to finish the Street Bob first.