Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

police models

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018 | 10:20 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Cool

Originally Posted by dawg
Most of ‘em aren't good lookin’ enough to be a model......er, wait, never mind.

Old 03-27-2018 | 04:00 PM
bhusman
1st Gear
Old 03-27-2018 | 04:01 PM
bhusman
1st Gear

Here's my 2015 cop Electra. Got it way cheaper than the civilian model

Old 03-27-2018 | 05:01 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2Hawks
Hey folks, if I'm cutting in & should post this elsewhere please advise, but I also have a question(s) regarding police bikes...
Awhile back I purchased a 1996 FLHRPI, but the saddle on it is for a standard touring model. I've slowly been getting together the parts for the police air ride saddle and I can tell you this has been a bit more of a challenge than I anticipated. I'm pretty well committed at this point, so I guess it's a little late to ask whether this is a hair brained scheme on my part.
Anyway, so far I have the police saddle (with the bracket attached underneath). And within a few days I'll also have: a license bracket with tank & gauge, a suspension bladder, air line & police service manual supplement (I already have the standard manual). What else am I going to need? And what "surprises" should I be prepared for? I appreciate the help.
Take a look at one of the online parts fiches for a police model and it will show you all the necessary parts and part numbers.

The following users liked this post:
2Hawks (03-28-2018)
Old 03-27-2018 | 05:06 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Hey folks, if I'm cutting in & should post this elsewhere please advise, but I also have a question(s) regarding police bikes...
Awhile back I purchased a 1996 FLHRPI, but the saddle on it is for a standard touring model. I've slowly been getting together the parts for the police air ride saddle and I can tell you this has been a bit more of a challenge than I anticipated. I'm pretty well committed at this point, so I guess it's a little late to ask whether this is a hair brained scheme on my part.
Anyway, so far I have the police saddle (with the bracket attached underneath). And within a few days I'll also have: a license bracket with tank & gauge, a suspension bladder, air line & police service manual supplement (I already have the standard manual). What else am I going to need? And what "surprises" should I be prepared for? I appreciate the help.
Don't forget the seat tray, and the nuts for the bladder. Other than that you got everything listed already. You gotta pull the battery to attach the bladder.

2Hawks (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018 | 08:10 PM
Jeff Dodson
Cruiser

I put 50k on my first Police bike. Sold it, the guy put over 100k on the bike. I now have my 2010 with 53 k and a 99 R with 43K all Police.....both run like a top

hbsoldier3 (03-27-2018)
Old 03-28-2018 | 08:32 AM
rod5557
Advanced
Default Police air ride saddle

check out the Retired Police Bikes forum. They have a lot of info and fixes for police bikes.
I’m not sure the 2013 police bike had an air ride seat, it may be springs.

2Hawks (03-28-2018)
Old 03-28-2018 | 02:15 PM
dodger413
Tourer

did that 13 come with police tires ? they are a ball buster to remove when needing new tires.

i bought my 07 off the showroom floor new.

supposedly some city ordered it but never picked it up. the dealer said he had to wait 3 months before he could sell it outright. and it came with the 103 motor standard.

i would love to purchase a new Road Glide in police form if they made it. police bikes are a FAR better value than regularly sold bikes. so much un-needed crap eliminated.

Old 04-25-2018 | 01:28 PM
mchuete
|
Stage III

Sorry I havent checked in for a month. Mom got sick and I had to go out of town, after losing part of my roof in the east coast Nor'easter last month.

I have a Road King police model for the past 11 years and have had no problems, except i replaced some bearings right when i bought it. Love it, great ride. I got all the po po stuff on it, except i swapped the blue lenses for yellow. Virginia cops said no problem. i even got the New Orleans police insignia on it (which is why i bought it, being from NOLA).

so I think that if you check the bike out before you buy it, you will likely not have any significant problems with a police bike.

PS the NOLA cop bikes are used in Mardi Gras parades, typically idling for 2-3 hours and driving 8-10 miles really s l o w l y. Mine has not overheating problems.

Old 04-25-2018 | 01:31 PM
mchuete
|
Stage III

where is the "RetiredPolice Bikes forum?" i cannot find it on the pull down menu at the top of the page

Quick Reply: police models