Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone familiar with a company called HD Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Lukin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with a company called HD Wheels?

I'd posted in the Frame/Suspension/Front End/Wheels/Tires/Brakes section but thought I’d get a bit more visibility here. I'm shopping for wire wheels and come across a company called HD Wheels http://www.hdwheels.com/index.htm. They have a wheel construction type called Apollo which utilizes seamless construction technology for increased strength and durability. These guys seem to be both style and quality conscious; their products look topnotch. I contacted them today after reading about the 360 brake to inquire about compatibility and learned that they’re in the testing phase and will offer a wheel with the 360 hub in the near future (1 – 2 months). If anyone has experience with their products I'd appreciate your feedback. I've embedded a picture of wheels i'd like to try on my black '06 Streetglide with white walls. Any comments/feedback on how you think they’d look would be appreciated.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14955/51FB1FA8EA9B4F30945FBF1F2D29121D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14955/4E2CB7340B51436C9AA62EF87ACAB72C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 320 Likes on 196 Posts
Default RE: Anyone familiar with a company called HD Wheels?

I've drooled over their website many many times. BTW - Apollo is the rim manufacturer, not a specific contstruction type. They have been making dirt bike wheels for a very long time.

I think those wheels would look nice on your bike. Not sure on the white walls, but hey.... if it's what you like, go for it.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:28 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've talked with them over the phone and e-mail. Seem to be pretty straight up guys. But be forewarned you're gonna pay A LOT of money for their wheels. Just one of the wheels in the pic you have posted will likely be well over $1000. I was interested in a more simple 80 spoke crossed laced 18" wheel with standard stainless steel spokes/nipples and a Black Pearl powder coated steelrim/hub and it was going to run me $880 for just the front wheel. That didn't include any shipping or a tire, mounting/balancing. I decided to go to old faithful, Ebay, for my wheels. It's not the look I really wanted, but I couldn't spend that kind of money on the wheel. Not that I didn't want to, I really didn't have that kind of money to invest. Their radial laced wheels in the 80 spoke or higher just look damn sweet. Please post pics if you do buy those wheels for us less fortunate ones.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:36 PM
nelsonrl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They do have some great looking wheels, but I would be hard pressed to spend that much on them no more than shows on an Ultra