Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with Seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:41 PM
HDSTORMDANCER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Seat

Hi guys, does anyone have the road zeppellin seat installed on their ultra's. I have an 06 ultra and have a 29" inseam would love to know if there is going to be problems if I buy this. The dealers will not let you try it and then buy it. I would hate to spend the money and it not work for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-20-2007, 09:42 PM
tsprinkle
Stage III
Default RE: Need Help with Seat

I have a 32 inch inseam and bought the Road Zepplin seat and was almost on my tip toes when I was stopped. I could not comfortably sit flat footed. I have since taken it off and went back to the original seat due to a siatic nerve problem. I will be putting mine on Ebay soon. Hope this helps.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one on an 07 ultra classic with a 33/34 inch inseam and able to keep feet flat footed on the pavement. I love mine!

Arvid

Old 06-20-2007, 10:32 PM
nelsonrl
Cruiser

little longer inseam - 34", but really like the Road Zep seat.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:02 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my zeppelin also. it does raise you and the passenger up a bit. i have a 32" inseam. can put both feet down, but is close. at 29" i'd guess you'e have some problems reaching the ground. i would recommend you find one on a bike and try out first before you buy one.

I made a great deal on a new Leather one from Hales. they had it in stock, with 20% off and the freight was minimal.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:30 AM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Terry, tried to send you a PM, twice, I know someone interested in your Road Zep if you are going to part with it. Send me a PM>

Arvid

Old 06-22-2007, 01:16 PM
roadglad1
Intermediate

I have a Zeppelin seat, but with a 28" inseam i have problems with the seat height. Even lowered the bike but still do not feel comfortable with the seat height. Went to a Corbin it is okay, haven't tried a Road Sofa but hear good things. If you live in the So Cal area I would be glad to let you try it.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

I have the Zep and like it. I have a prostate issue and just being able to change the adjustment is great. It is kind of like an electric seat in a car and little change can make a big difference. However it does raise me up quite a bit. I can tell the biggest difference in the clearence over the windshield. I bet it raises me at least two-three inches. I would find someone to let you try it first. If you come to Indiana look me up. You can try mine for several hours if you want.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:03 AM
HDSTORMDANCER
Cruiser

Thanks guys, you all have been very helpful as usual. I think from the comments that the road zep is not for me. Is there any other seat that any one might recommend. I feel a lot of pain under my mid thighs seems that I am sitting on the frame of the bike up near the tank. I usually ride 2 up and I just get comfortable on longer rides.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
tarheelrdr
Tourer

Give allen @ mean cycle cycles a shout. He restyled and lowerd my ultra seat. 1'm a 30' inseam and sit flatfooted now and seat mods mean no more advil for the long haul. If it doesn't make a difference, you won't have $500.00 invested either. He's one of the forum sponsors also. Better get in line now, when I was there on march, he had a boat load of seats in his shop.

Quick Reply: Need Help with Seat