Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Hot Sunglow paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 11:12 PM
Melroy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by criyi
It's one of HD's hardest colors to match. Good luck.
So true, but to me its one of Harley's best colors. My painter had to spray out three times on my cvo fender and bags to get it close. Its not perfect but neither is my painted inner fairing and tourpak that I ordered direct from HD.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:07 AM
seanl
Road Master
Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Melroy
So true, but to me its one of Harley's best colors. My painter had to spray out three times on my cvo fender and bags to get it close. Its not perfect but neither is my painted inner fairing and tourpak that I ordered direct from HD.
Agreed, it's an awesome color, gets lighter in the sun and darker in the shade.

I really want to get a set of CVO style bags, nothing over the top but I think they would like great on my bike, and I'd still hang on to the original classic bags.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:43 PM
Melroy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by seanl
Agreed, it's an awesome color, gets lighter in the sun and darker in the shade.

I really want to get a set of CVO style bags, nothing over the top but I think they would like great on my bike, and I'd still hang on to the original classic bags.

That is a great looking bike you got. RK's are my favorite in the entire HD lineup. If you do decide to do cvo style bags check out eastern performance. They had the best price for non HD cvo style.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:58 AM
seanl
Road Master
Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

That is a great looking bike you got. RK's are my favorite in the entire HD lineup. If you do decide to do cvo style bags check out eastern performance. They had the best price for non HD cvo style.
Thanks Melroy. I actually talked to them over the Holidays as I called a few vendors to price out bags.

VT49-2667 - V Twin 3" CVO Bags - $369.95
98-13 Standard Lids - $99.00
HW131373 - Hogworkz Chrome latch hardware 93-13 - $170.98

The prices look fine, but again I'm stuck with having to find a painter and need to do more research / dialing...I don't want to have to pay someone a grand here in NorCal to squirt them.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:50 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

check with Bad Dad customs, they are an authorized HD paint shop too, they matched my hot rod red flake perfectly.

The following users liked this post:
H20loo (03-24-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 11:31 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

I had my Vivid Blk SG painted Kandy Concord - a 2010 CVO color, just picked up some parts and brought to the painter - he did 8 spray outs - each one had an additional coat of the candy color - each spray out got darker & darker - You should bring a painted part of your current bike & have your painter do the same - 8 spray outs of the candy till so you can find the best match

Old 03-15-2018, 11:48 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by JMC22
I had my Vivid Blk SG painted Kandy Concord - a 2010 CVO color, just picked up some parts and brought to the painter - he did 8 spray outs - each one had an additional coat of the candy color - each spray out got darker & darker - You should bring a painted part of your current bike & have your painter do the same - 8 spray outs of the candy till so you can find the best match
Exactly!! This is what my painter is doing for the Fender and fairings for the Red Hot Sunglo. He mentioned that from the factory you can't just assume how many coats were done, color will vary and that will determine how many coats he needs to put on to match it.

Now I will be getting my parts back this weekend I think so time will tell how this works out.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:39 PM
criyi
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Agreed, that's why I bought it.

I had my new topshop bags painted and every painter said the same thing, impossible to match, go to these guys.

http://www.cpvehicles.com/

They are just outside Milwaukee and do lots of work for Harley. I had them do it and they explained to me the color of the paint is only one factor, age of the paint, exposure to sun and cleaners is also a factor. They did my bags and used a side cover to match exactly. Can not say enough about how great of a job they did. It is dead on perfect!

The following users liked this post:
seanl (03-15-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 05:21 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

Ughhh, sounds like this may be a bigger project that I was hoping for, as I am painting it myself. I had good luck with color rite with my old cobalt blue bike that was a tricoat, so I bit the bullet and spent the money with them.

Hoping it matches, I guess I’ll have to play with how many coats of candy will be needed.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:51 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

Paint arrived today

Quick Reply: Red Hot Sunglow paint