Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride on pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 07:50 PM
xpsteve
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ride on pics

When I replaced the rear tire on my UL last time I put the recommended amount on the motorcycle Ride-on product that they recommended. The tire is a Dunlop 180/55-18 on a Agiator wheel. When I took the tire off the rim, I did not see what the ride-on website shows. Just curious if anybody else has experience in what I have. I've never ran any weights front or rear and never had a flat....so the product seems to work. The wheel washed right up at the water hose.

Attached Thumbnails Ride on pics-tire1.jpg   Ride on pics-tire2.jpg   Ride on pics-wheel1.jpg  
Old 03-03-2018, 07:55 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,420 Likes on 934 Posts

That looks like what I typically see behind a generic tire sealant .

Old 03-04-2018, 05:40 AM
Rick58
Road Warrior
Received 326 Likes on 208 Posts

Generic tire sealant?

Old 03-04-2018, 07:45 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

I have replaced 2 sets of tires that I used Ride-on in, the last one I just took off last weekend. Looked pretty much just like yours, I didn't have quite as much on the wheel.

I like using it because it self balances the wheel as the tire wears. On the sealing part, not sure how it works, haven't had any punctures as far as I can tell and I inspect the tires every 1 or 2 weeks when the bike is up on the lift.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:20 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,666 Likes on 6,425 Posts

I lost track of how many tires I have used Ride On in. Mine have never looked anything like that and always adheres to the contact patch area of the tire. Have never had it on the wheel either. So 2 of you have seen this? Seems to me instructions are not being followed?

Old 03-04-2018, 08:28 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
I lost track of how many tires I have used Ride On in. Mine have never looked anything like that and always adheres to the contact patch area of the tire. Have never had it on the wheel either. So 2 of you have seen this? Seems to me instructions are not being followed?
Like I said I didn't have near as much on the wheel, what was on the wheel I believe came from me getting the bar inside the tire to pull the first side off the rim, I use a no-mar tire changer. But the consistency of the Ride-on looks like mine has when I pull the tire.

Let's put it this way, I wiped the rim down with 2 pieces of blue shop towels and got all of the ride on off it. His looks to have quite a bit more on it. But I think it depends on how long the tire was sitting and how warm it was. I know I took the front off and I let the tire sit in the garage standing up on a angle against a box and some of the ride on started to run out of the tire after a few days.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:44 AM
xpsteve
Cruiser

My bike has been sitting on my Handy lift table for 2 months now as I had a total knee replacement back in January. I used the amount of product they recommended. It is not a generic product. It is the Ride-On motorcycle product. I installed the new tire myself and put the sealant in myself also. 80 gallon compressor with a dryer. I just checked my Amazon order from then. I ordered it middle of March in 2016, Basically 2 years ago.

Last edited by xpsteve; 03-04-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by xpsteve
My bike has been sitting on my Handy lift table for 2 months now as I had a total knee replacement back in January. I used the amount of product they recommended. It is not a generic product. It is the Ride-On motorcycle product. I installed the new tire myself and put the sealant in myself also. 80 gallon compressor with a dryer. I just checked my Amazon order from then. I ordered it middle of March in 2016, Basically 2 years ago.
I wouldn't worry about it, the instructions are pretty simple so I had to laugh at that comment. I always put in a little extra as it states for use without wheel weights. So I add the extra 20% from what it specifies.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:57 AM
TRMN8TR
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks like moisture? Condensation? I have Ride-on in my tires and I’m very curious to how it will look when I break the wheels down. Living up north in the shitty climate my bike is parked for several months in winter. I notice a lot of condensation in my garage with the temperature swings.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:17 PM
xpsteve
Cruiser

Living in the Dallas area it does get hot. I built this house 7 years ago. The garage is insulated. Insulated 2" garage doors. Attic insulated also. I have a window unit that I can air condition if I want to, although it stays about 80 even when it's above 100 outside. I don't think condensation in the garage is bad. When I drain the air compressor, not much water.

Quick Reply: Ride on pics