Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto, Are These Guys for Real???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Moto, Are These Guys for Real???

Like 1of2 said.....go to the Fuel Moto website, go to the maps section and fill out the request form for a map.
Make sure you include all of your mods/improvements, bike info and MOST IMPORTANTLY....YOUR INVOICE NUMBER!!!!

Jaime requested that from me when I had my PCIII there for a warranty repair and told him (after he shipped it back to me ) that I had just added the V&H Dresser Duals. I did as requested and had my new map within 48 hours.
Stand up Guy.....but really busy as you can imagine.
He will get to you,if you do as he asks........just be patient, it's worth it.
That kind of support is why I bought my PC from him......based on a lot of feedback from a lot of people here on the Forum.
Afterall......are weever really finished with these motorcycles?

I have been dragracing for more than 37 years and am never really finished tuning and trying to find more power, driveability, consistancy etc from any of my racecars.....why should the bike be any different?
Any hotrodder will always be tinkering with something, trying to improve the heat issues, power issues, sound issues and even looks issues....having someone like Jaime help with that........PRICELESS!!!
Just my .02
Enjoy

[IMG]local://upfiles/27277/C80BDB023F66478CB377D993F890C1EF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-19-2007, 11:22 PM
dmhosting
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phone has been my best way to get in touch w/him also..

Old 06-19-2007, 11:32 PM
devobail
Outstanding HDF Member

Didnt have my invoice number, called him and he sent me a copy of the invoice and the map I requested within the hour. Great guy!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:59 PM
monte64
Cruiser

Jamie is for real. Took a 325 mile round trip last Friday to let himhear my 07 S/G make the ping that some of use here are talking about. Gave him the key and said, "take it for a spin". We had talked the problem over the phone, but I figured it would be better if he could actually hear it for himself. -- Came back and walked right in, took his laptop and started playing with it. The phone was ringing off the hook and he just kept doing his magic and darting back in to get the phone. Busy man. Took the bike out three times and he made some adjustments in the ignition table for me. The ping is still there at times, so it will still need some fine tuning.

Now understand, what he did for me was of his own will, in fact he was more worried of taking up to much of my time, not his. That right there shows me a person who wants to stand behind what he is selling. After he was done I offered to pay him something for his time and he wouldn't have anything to do with it.

We talked over a few things, and he mentioned to try and stay away from ethanol mixed gas and to keep with the highest octane you can, 91 minimum. I always get 93, the hardest part here in the Midwest is the ethanol. Also, just because these motors are made on an assembly line, each one is somewhat different. Could be the motor, driver, this mod or that. The PC is a tuner, meaning you can tune it, so play with it. Without a really good dyno and someone who knows how to tune the P/C, we will have to live with a few problems. I know when I have the time I will have Jamie dyno my bike, but for right now I know my bike runs better than it did stock.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:38 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had good luck with him other then the map he sent me for my bike.

He was way off on that one.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: monte64
We talked over a few things, and he mentioned to try and stay away from ethanol mixed gas and to keep with the highest octane you can, 91 minimum. I always get 93, the hardest part here in the Midwest is the ethanol.
Boy is that the truth. I know you heard it from him but I'll go on reccord about ethanol. Sunoco gas has it in it. Every time I put Sunoco in my bike it pings and knocks like crazy. 95% of the time I use Hess gasoline, because a mechanic I know siad it's one of the best gasolines with very minimal add ins. My bike runs awsome on Hess gas, Exon too.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:56 AM
jcboof
Tourer

Wow, good response I guess.

I've tried calling him but he's always busy or gone. I've sent the Map Request form out 3 times now with my INVOICE # on it and still no response,

I'll try calling him again tommorow morning. I know you guys have had good luck with Jamie and FuelMoto but I'm just striking out with them for some reason.

Thanks though.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:53 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I needed my map tweaked and just sent a request in this morning. I got the map back 10 minutes later. I'm going out to the garage now to install it. I didnt expect it today but I am real happy.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had nothing but good, fast service from Jamie

Old 06-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had trouble contacting Jamie, too, but he is VERY busy and if you keep trying you will get him. I've had better luck calling and using the map request on his website. Regular e-mail will not work.

In fairness to Jamie, I think he tries to give each customer the best service he can, even if that means missing calls from other customers while he takes care of the one before him. From what I've seen and readthe guy knows his stuff.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto, Are These Guys for Real???