Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switching from CFR's to 2-1

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 08:17 PM
sabunimwil@gmail.com
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Hate Work
OP: You should ultimately be happy with the 2 into 1 exhaust as you will have more back pressure, hence more torque. With that said, you will need another tune. If you bought your PCV from Fuel Moto, give them a call and they can point you towards a map that will get you closer... and ultimately, help your tuner if you decide you need one. If you didn't go through FM, Dynojet's website has a bunch of maps that you can play with. I had a tune done a few years ago and it was fine..... until the temps went over 90 degrees. I have played with maps for 2 years and now can ride with power and confidence in any weather and my cam only cost me 1-2 MPG. Good luck.
I did buy the tuner from power Commander. I set up an appointment with a local Indy for after I install the 2-1. They're going to tune the bike and flash a custom map for me. They're an authorized center for power Commander.
I'm excited to get some of my power back. I'm not looking for gobs of power but I do want to go up hills 2 up without having to downshift.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:47 AM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

My tuner recommended the propipe with competition baffle. I should probably start figuring what works well with my TTS 100 cams. What do you guys think....should I get into the exhaust first or tackle the front suspension first?

Old 03-01-2018, 02:50 PM
sabunimwil@gmail.com
Tourer

Originally Posted by SnoRider
My tuner recommended the propipe with competition baffle. I should probably start figuring what works well with my TTS 100 cams. What do you guys think....should I get into the exhaust first or tackle the front suspension first?
I took care of the suspension when I bought the bike a little over a year ago. Heavier fork oil and new 944's on the rear.
Me personally? I'd do the suspension first for safety and comfort.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:13 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,227 Likes on 810 Posts

What are you the least happy with? In the beginning of this thread it was about the pipe. You can change the suspension but you will still be running the mufflers that were robbing your power.

Not that its right, but I wrote everything down I wanted to change. Put them in order of importance, if and when I could afford it, and so I didn't do anything twice. Example, when I put the 106 kit on I had the last 15 pieces powder coated on the motor. That way I didn't have to take it apart twice. I had to wait a little longer for the funds to be there though.
In the end its your call. Make sure you purchase what YOU like and what fits your needs

Old 03-01-2018, 04:52 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
What are you the least happy with? In the beginning of this thread it was about the pipe. You can change the suspension but you will still be running the mufflers that were robbing your power.
The one you're referring to is not the OP that started the thread.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:14 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,227 Likes on 810 Posts

Oh Whoops

Old 03-01-2018, 09:35 PM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

And I’m on my second rendition. Already did ohlins in the rear and monotubes up front. Then I did exhaust and cams. Now I would like to do better suspension up front and different exhaust.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:22 AM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,238 Likes on 1,848 Posts

CFRs were on my Limited when I bought it last year and not only am I not happy with the performance, I don’t particularly like the sound of them. I haven’t figured out what I want to go with, but I don’t want a 2 to 1.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:46 PM
sabunimwil@gmail.com
Tourer

Got the new thunder header 2 into 1 on the bike. The sound is loud. As loud as the cfr's were so no change there. I'm having it tuned on the 13th at American Cycles in Ingram, tx. They don't have a dyno but they're a certified installer for the power Commander V. Right now the power band is broad and smooth but no big change in power noticed. We'll see what happens after a new map is installed.
Thanks again for all the advice. I'll write a review when the tune is finished.
​​

Old 03-07-2018, 05:46 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by sabunimwil@gmail.com
Got the new thunder header 2 into 1 on the bike. The sound is loud. As loud as the cfr's were so no change there. I'm having it tuned on the 13th at American Cycles in Ingram, tx. They don't have a dyno but they're a certified installer for the power Commander V. Right now the power band is broad and smooth but no big change in power noticed. We'll see what happens after a new map is installed.
Thanks again for all the advice. I'll write a review when the tune is finished.
​​
You might want to consider a dyno, rather than a canned map.

Quick Reply: Switching from CFR's to 2-1