Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2up touring seat tall rider and passenger with driver backrest ... selections

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 10:35 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by kojak
I did a 1364 mile ride in 24 hours on a hammock seat with a fixed Harley backrest mounter correctly for my height and reach and it was good enough to let me keep going, that's a pretty good testimonial!
I got the Hammock for exactly that reason. However, I could not go 50 miles without having to get off the bike. My stock Limited seat was better. Granted some have had better luck with the Hammock. But my long range Iron Butt seat is a Corbin. Love it or hate kinda thing, just like a Hammock. The only good thing about HD seats is that they offer demo's at the dealers. I tired the Hammock, but did not ride for more than 10 miles; my mistake.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:43 AM
RayHD11
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
I got the Hammock for exactly that reason. However, I could not go 50 miles without having to get off the bike. My stock Limited seat was better. Granted some have had better luck with the Hammock. But my long range Iron Butt seat is a Corbin. Love it or hate kinda thing, just like a Hammock. The only good thing about HD seats is that they offer demo's at the dealers. I tired the Hammock, but did not ride for more than 10 miles; my mistake.
I heard a lot of good things about the Corbin seats from guys who ride those adventure bikes/dual sport bikes... They go on trips down to the southern tip of Argentina or around the world. They swear by their Corbins.

Harley had demo seats so I test a seat before I drop the cash...especially with the price of some of these seats.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:06 PM
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I looked at the harley seats.

The tallboy looks like it sits you up higher in the seat than stock by almost 2". I'm looking to drop down lower than the stock seat by about an inch. I'd also like to move back about 1-1.5" vs the .5" it states the tallboy moves you back.

Is the sundowner the same as the stock street glide seat? I replaced that seat for the same reasons I want to replace the stock ultra classic seat. I replaced the stock flhx seat with a very low profile RSD boss two up (made by mustang) this seat puts me in a perfect location on the bike. But it is not a long haul seat and definitely not a 2-up (even though they call it one)... I did knock out a 400+ mile day on it...solo... but my body was not very happy.

So really I'm looking to go down about 1" from stock . Back 1-2", have a nice backrest for me, and some good cushion for the wife...

I can't find much for specs on the hammock. It looks really flat in pictures.

Thanks for all the input.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:55 AM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

Another option to consider is the Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs. It will drop you down and back is available with a backrest, if memory serves.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Tourer

Originally Posted by No U Glider
Another option to consider is the Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs. It will drop you down and back is available with a backrest, if memory serves.
I called lepera, and c&c. C&C makes most every seat made to order. For an 05 ultra lepera will also custom make this seat. Both come in at just shy of $1000.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:01 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,799 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by GOV5
So YOU ARE the ONE that Harley made that piece of junk for! Are you also the ONE rider that thought the stock Road King seat and bars were perfectly fine too?

All kidding aside, I'm glad it fits you fine, but for most, it isn't nearly as comfortable and functional as the MUSTANG. For instance, on a long ride, if I want to change sitting positions to sit higher or lower, all I do is reach behind me and pull the rest up or push it down a little. Likewise, at a gas stop I can fold it down towards the tank to allow me to swing my leg over the bike more easily. Your fixed HD mount will not allow that kind of on-the-road functionality.
Easy, my man! Been riding for 43 years averaging 15-20k miles a year. Owned 26 bikes over that time. Don't let your keyboard start before your brain, lol!

Old 02-16-2018, 05:15 PM
Tourer

Originally Posted by GOV5
Don't waste your money on the awful Harley drivers' backrests, even the so-called adjustable one. There's only ONE driver backrest that I have found to be functional and easy to adjust/remove: MUSTANG!! It's the best in the industry. It folds forward easy also to allow you or passenger to mount easily.
Does mustang make a 2up touring seat with a backrest that sits you down an inch or so, and back 1-2"?

Old 02-17-2018, 08:15 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 838
I looked at the harley seats.

The tallboy looks like it sits you up higher in the seat than stock by almost 2". I'm looking to drop down lower than the stock seat by about an inch. I'd also like to move back about 1-1.5" vs the .5" it states the tallboy moves you back.

I

Bro you can't gather this stuff just by looking at pictures. You, being able to determine seating positions by looking at pictures tells me ......to tell you .....please go test ride this seat. We're gonna have you buying all sorts of seats and wasting money. That's the one thing that sucks about forums.....we all have our opinion about comfort, soft, hard, etc. I'm not sure about the old tallboy, but the new one sat me back 2" and down about 1.5"

Last edited by sfcmo357; 02-17-2018 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:48 PM
rgrecco
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 838
Does mustang make a 2up touring seat with a backrest that sits you down an inch or so, and back 1-2"?
Sounds like you are looking for the Super Touring Mustang Seat:

The one-piece "Super" comfortable touring design provides the rider and passenger with the fullest, most comfortable seat possible and sits the driver 1.75" further back than the stock seat.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:30 PM
Tourer

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
Bro you can't gather this stuff just by looking at pictures. You, being able to determine seating positions by looking at pictures tells me ......to tell you .....please go test ride this seat. We're gonna have you buying all sorts of seats and wasting money. That's the one thing that sucks about forums.....we all have our opinion about comfort, soft, hard, etc. I'm not sure about the old tallboy, but the new one sat me back 2" and down about 1.5"
Would there be a place to test this for an 05? The 97-07 seat specs/measurements from HD online is where I got my data. HD says the 97-07 tall boy sits you .5" back and 1.75" up. For your bike (14 and up seat) it sits you down .5" and back 1.5" which would be pretty damn perfect for me actually. Maybe HD has it down on their site wrong for the 97-07???

Quick Reply: 2up touring seat tall rider and passenger with driver backrest ... selections