Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike time

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018 | 08:54 PM
NugBa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bike_r_trash
Ride what makes ya happy. What I think has nothing to do with what bike will make you happy. That being said the M8 bikes are the best "off the shelf" Harleys I've ever ridden. Period. (Let the flames begin!) If you don't think the stock M8 kicks the **** out of stock 103, you may have ridden a broken one. Now, sounds like I'm being a wise-***, but years ago my buddies and I demoed Indians. Two of us were impressed with the 111 motor compared to the HD 96 and 103, but the guy on the TC88 said, "My bike has more power (stock engine)." We did another round and he rode a different bike. We get back and he says, "Now, I get it." The first bike had something going on that robbed it of power. Maybe too many demos, who knows? I agree with a previous poster that the M8 issues are overblown. Yes, unfortunately, some owners have had problems. Can't help you on the warranty thing. That's a solid consideration depending on what you're going to do. Good luck and enjoy the ride, whatever it may be.
I agree completely!

I think my new M8 2018 SGS is the best ever for Harley. The torque curve is perfect! Not to mention the engine is perfectly balanced and refined just enough not to diminish that traditional Harley sound & feel. I’m happy Indian is back and putting up a fight. I was almost persuaded to jump ship and buy a Chieftan until I got on a new SGS. I think thanks to Indian we will see even more improvement coming from Harley soon like standard TPMS and central locking for bikes under 40k. Competition always breeds innovation...

Im excited to see what’s next from Harley over the next few years...

John

Old 02-04-2018 | 01:13 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned
Veteran: Air Force

Hard to imagine not being impressed with the M8 on all levels. My dealership said they would take care of warranty issues on the mods I bought with the bike. You must be really hard to please if the new power plant does nothing for you. Only issue I had was the sound. Now very happy.

Old 02-04-2018 | 08:11 AM
Jshopes
|
Stellar HDF Member

I thought the m8 sounded great with slipons. My king had stage 2 with mild head work if that explains anything.

Old 02-04-2018 | 08:26 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member

M8s are great just need to be left stock have seen and heard some with slipons and tuners I quess stage 1 but not worth the upgrade money for me. Its going to be a while for MoCo to figure out the issues on the higher stage upgrades and theres lots of problems not worth the headaches for me. I am happy with my Stock 17 Ultra.

Old 02-04-2018 | 08:43 AM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PDB17UltraRG
M8s are great just need to be left stock have seen and heard some with slipons and tuners I quess stage 1 but not worth the upgrade money for me. Its going to be a while for MoCo to figure out the issues on the higher stage upgrades and theres lots of problems not worth the headaches for me. I am happy with my Stock 17 Ultra.
I agree with you. OP if you are happy with stock then the m8 has more power but with the twin cam the sky is the limit no need to worry about voiding your warranty. Yes after 2 years m8 warranty is up (most cases) but will the Moco have the sumping and transfer issues fixed by then?

Old 02-04-2018 | 08:45 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member

Go buy a Goldwing.

Old 02-04-2018 | 09:09 AM
bradn
Road Master

I agree with the others. I highly recommend the M8 with a stage 2. I have had mine since October of '16 and not had a single issue. I modded myself out of a warranty, but I'm ok with that. And if you buy an older bike without a warranty, you're going to wind up paying for any repairs you need anyway.

Now, there are loads of newer used bikes out there that can be had for a great price. But after moving from a 103 to a 107, no way would I go back to a 103.

Old 02-04-2018 | 09:28 AM
oakmossy
Road Warrior

lets face it, the rushmores starting with 2014 are the best Harley's and happen to now be a bargain considering used prices. jmo.

Old 02-04-2018 | 09:39 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

I’ve not rode a M8 yet but since I put a 103HO in my 07 FLHTC I am satisfied with this set up.
I would say get the newest lowest mileage bike you can but pick the motor platform you feel better about.

Old 02-04-2018 | 10:18 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member

The Rushmore's have the newer Canbus electrical, the Highout 103 engine, and some are water cooled.
You can add a Bolton 110 kit, and has proven performance parts, exhaust systems from all manufactures,
plus the fairing vent too.

The CVO's have great paint jobs, and the parts & accessories book was thrown at it. If you
can swing 2014 CVO I would say go for it.
JMO

John

Quick Reply: New bike time